propecia it does work

jfo

I started to use propecia when it was first available in 1998, and I stayed on it till spring of 2004, I have a softball size area of hairloss in my crown, so I gave propecia a shot. Well I went off of it because I wanted to get my wife pregnant and I didnt want to take any chance with propecia, off cousre now I know there is no risk. I had 900 wonderfull micro mini grafts done by MHR in 2002,a yeah I know mistake, and of course I found out about this websight 2 weeks after the surgery, reading all the bashing of MHR Boy did I feel stupid but pretty scared as well, did I just blow $5,000!Talk about panic, but the grafts did grow in and with the use of toppik the crown looked good

Well everything was going well except I never went back on propecia I guess I didnt think it was working. Well little by little my top of my head started to thin. I noticed this in spring of 2006, 2 years after going off of propecia. I got a new prescription and went back on it. I am also have been using rogaine foam. Well one of two things happened either the propecia wasnt doing anything and genetics took over my hairloss which i dont think was the case or the propecia was keeping the top of my head intact. I do have a future surgery with Ron Shapiro in Jan of 2008 and SMG was also nice enough to get me a prescription for proscar saving me a lot of money, Guys the finesteride does work even if it lowers your DHT a litte, that can save some of your hair follicles. I wish everyone the best in the battle against MPB.

I started to use propecia when it was first available in 1998, and I stayed on it till spring of 2004, I have a softball size area of hairloss in my crown, so I gave propecia a shot. Well I went off of it because I wanted to get my wife pregnant and I didnt want to take any chance with propecia, off cousre now I know there is no risk. I had 900 wonderfull micro mini grafts done by MHR in 2002,a yeah I know mistake, and of course I found out about this websight 2 weeks after the surgery, reading all the bashing of MHR Boy did I feel stupid but pretty scared as well, did I just blow $5,000!Talk about panic, but the grafts did grow in and with the use of toppik the crown looked good

Well everything was going well except I never went back on propecia I guess I didnt think it was working. Well little by little my top of my head started to thin. I noticed this in spring of 2006, 2 years after going off of propecia. I got a new prescription and went back on it. I am also have been using rogaine foam. Well one of two things happened either the propecia wasnt doing anything and genetics took over my hairloss which i dont think was the case or the propecia was keeping the top of my head intact. I do have a future surgery with Ron Shapiro in Jan of 2008 and SMG was also nice enough to get me a prescription for proscar saving me a lot of money, Guys the finesteride does work even if it lowers your DHT a litte, that can save some of your hair follicles. I wish everyone the best in the battle against MPB.

jfo,

Since I see you've been a registered member since 2002, welcome BACK to our community! icon_smile.gif.

Thanks for sharing your hair loss experience with us.

Whereas there have been a number of dissatisfied MHR patients that have posted on this forum, I'm glad at the least, that all your grafts grew.

Congratulations on your choice to go with SMG in Jan 2008. I hope you'll share your journey with us by creating a hair loss weblog when the time comes.

I'm also glad to hear finasteride is working for you. If I knew back when I first started losing my hair what I know today - I would have gotten on it a lot sooner. But we live and learn right? We can't go back to the past - but we can take what we've learned and move forward.

Best wishes,

Bill