Numbness post-Op

Hey guys,

Thanks for all your posts. They are all helpful and I want to join in.

I had my HT on Feb 1, and still am completely numb in the graft area. I have slight redness which looks awful to me. How long does the numbness last? I am 44, in decent shape, drink minimally and eat well.

When are my relocated follicles permanent and undamageable? I am acting in a play at the end of March and am considering wearing a partial hairpiece held on with spirit gum. Any chance of this doing damage?

Thanks!

Hey guys,

Thanks for all your posts. They are all helpful and I want to join in.

I had my HT on Feb 1, and still am completely numb in the graft area. I have slight redness which looks awful to me. How long does the numbness last? I am 44, in decent shape, drink minimally and eat well.

When are my relocated follicles permanent and undamageable? I am acting in a play at the end of March and am considering wearing a partial hairpiece held on with spirit gum. Any chance of this doing damage?

Thanks!

Welcome Ringo....good to have you hear.

Spex gave you excellent information...he is spot on.

Everything you are experiencing is normal...as spex said, redness and numbness can last up to several months. I recommend talking with your doctor too...doesn't sound like he gave you a lot of information on what to expect after an HT.

Wearing a piece is fine at this point, but IMO, you would be drawing more attention to yourself with a hairpiece than with scalp redness. But I guess I was always one to be afraid of looking artificial...and a hairpiece never appealed to me.

Good luck.

Bill