When do they errupt !!!

Well...

I am almost 12 weeks post HT. I have noticed some of them have started growing in and have also noticed some shockloss. I had 1500 done by Dr A on 7th of April. When do the grafts start growing... I am living a very quiet life due to the HT.

Also how good look will 1500 in the frontal region considering one already has 30 per sq cm. I have straight black thin hair and fair scalp.

Will try to post a pic.

small8ci.th.jpg

Edit Pic Added

Well...

I am almost 12 weeks post HT. I have noticed some of them have started growing in and have also noticed some shockloss. I had 1500 done by Dr A on 7th of April. When do the grafts start growing... I am living a very quiet life due to the HT.

Also how good look will 1500 in the frontal region considering one already has 30 per sq cm. I have straight black thin hair and fair scalp.

Will try to post a pic.

small8ci.th.jpg

Edit Pic Added

Switch, I think this is going to vary from person to person. In my case, I started to notice very visible growth at about the 3-month mark. I am now at 9-mos post-op and my hairline has thickened quite a bit. I also have thin hair and a fair scalp. Try to be patient. I think you are at the point where you should start noticing growth. Good luck. Terry.

Thx for sharing. YOu have an interesting hairloss pattern. Do you share the same hairloss as other family members? How did they progress. I think 1600 in the hairline ought to get you a very nice result, you'll be able to comb your hair back or part it on the left or right depending on what suits. Hairs that are transplanted tend to stand straight up though.

Switch,

The time frame at which grafts start sprouting varies with the patient. The four to five month mark is about the time when *most* patients begin seeing growth. Some respond earlier, some later.

Many patients report faster initial growth from utilizing minoxidil on the recipient area or by taking MSM. Since you are already 12 weeks post-op, however, it is questionable as to whether these treatments will help at this stage.

Hang in there, you should begin seeing sprouting at any time now. If you are extremely concerned, don't be afraid to contact the physician. He knows your situation best. However, don't hesitate to post your concerns and progress as your situation unfolds.

Best of luck to you,

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Thanks for the response guys...

I noticed today that left side of hairline is intact while right side has given away... The doc didnt transplant anything in the hairline...

I also contacted him about a week back and he told me that it really depends on person to person about the grafts coming out. Generally it takes six months on an avg to notice results and one year plus for complete results.

Also nobody in my family has hairloss problem. My dad still has full head hair though everybody in my family have thin straight hair.

Your physician gave you accurate information - it really does vary from person to person. At six months, you should have some good growth to gauge your progress.

Remember, there are late bloomers. Some hair restoration surgeries are not fully "mature" at even twelve months and can continue to thicken at 14 or 15. It's all relative.

Good luck, buddy.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Thanks Robert...

i posted the same thread on hairsit and people there are telling me that i have gone for lesser number of grafts... I am just a little bit concerned on that... But i beleive time only has answer to this question... I just pray that time to be on my side...

Thanks for the responses you all...