It's day 8, and I just hit my head...

I just banged the crap out of my head trying to get in the car (it was on the visor, which was half down.)

It *REALLY* hurt...

Of course, RIGHT on the grafted area.

Like a diagonal line across the newly grafted area.

Now, I'm worried I did some damage.

Obviously, you can't feel my pain, but can anyone tell me if, by Day 8 (today) I should have anything to worry about or not?

Or, are these grafts mine and they'll stick with me -- even with a little blunt trauma.

I'm prepared for the answer either way...

Thanks.

Painfully yours,

-Jerry

I just banged the crap out of my head trying to get in the car (it was on the visor, which was half down.)

It *REALLY* hurt...

Of course, RIGHT on the grafted area.

Like a diagonal line across the newly grafted area.

Now, I'm worried I did some damage.

Obviously, you can't feel my pain, but can anyone tell me if, by Day 8 (today) I should have anything to worry about or not?

Or, are these grafts mine and they'll stick with me -- even with a little blunt trauma.

I'm prepared for the answer either way...

Thanks.

Painfully yours,

-Jerry

nothing you can do about it now anyway jerry...if you bumped it instead of scraping it, then youre probably better off...youre probably ok..but id call your surgeon just in case...probably just ice it like you would anyway....

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???

LOL... Jerry!

Ya, it amazes me how many people manage to bump there head after surgery. I did it, both times!!

Makes me wounder if we normally nail are heads against something, that often, and don't pay much attention to it. Or maybe it is because we are trying so hard not too.

You should be ok. I whacked myself pretty good the first time. That was about 8 days out also. I think the only thing I damaged then was my brain. But I can't remember. Usually after 4-6 days, you are pretty much good to go. GOOD LUCK, and hope you didn't get brain damage.

Hey,

I smacked my head doing almost the exact same thing within the first week after my HT also. The only thing I have now is a permanent homey limp, and a slight speech impediment. But as far as my hair goes, I think that everything will be fine. Ask me again in 2 months when the grafts start fully growing and I'll let you know how I turned out. Dont worry too much, I think you'll be fine.

- Adam

Jerry,

I did two 'bad' ones. Once on the overhead bin on the plane home from the HT (ouch) and once 10 days after when I left the medicine cabinet open while washing my hair in the sink. That one drew blood and maybe pulled out a FU. However, at my near 4 month mark I can't say I'm any worse for the hits. You'll most likely be fine. Good luck.

Garyr

Smacked my head pretty hard myself. Didn't get s gushers, so I figured/hoped all was well.

You smack your head after an HT because you're not supposed to, and for no other reason.