Question on hairfall-Doctors please help

Although i have typical MPB, i never see hair falling off from the top of my head...they are just thinning away....

But in the sides...just around the area where the hair is supposed to be permanent, i see lot of hairloss! i really don't understand what is going on? i am sure a hundreds are falling off everyday...i wash my hair everyday...1day with nizoral and next with nioxin... and keep my scalp clean...still the hair which is supposed to be permanent is falling off rapidly??

I even see a small white bulb at the end of many falling hair, i believe this means that the hair is falling from the follicle and will never grow back.... anyone else have this issue? Can any doctor please advice what could be the reason, and what i can do about this? I am really worried about going for a HT now as i am not sure if my "permanent" hair is really permanent icon_frown.gif

Although i have typical MPB, i never see hair falling off from the top of my head...they are just thinning away....

But in the sides...just around the area where the hair is supposed to be permanent, i see lot of hairloss! i really don't understand what is going on? i am sure a hundreds are falling off everyday...i wash my hair everyday...1day with nizoral and next with nioxin... and keep my scalp clean...still the hair which is supposed to be permanent is falling off rapidly??

I even see a small white bulb at the end of many falling hair, i believe this means that the hair is falling from the follicle and will never grow back.... anyone else have this issue? Can any doctor please advice what could be the reason, and what i can do about this? I am really worried about going for a HT now as i am not sure if my "permanent" hair is really permanent icon_frown.gif

indian_balding,

Have you started any new medication of any kind? Do you have any symptoms like excessive scalp itching or inflammation on the sides and back of your head?

Though I'm not a physician, I would strongly suggest consulting in person with a dermatologist who can perform a thorough scalp analysis and medical tests to see what may be causing the hair loss on the sides and back of your head. Frankly, rapid hair loss on the sides and back of your head with hair attached to the bulb is not normal and could be an indication of something else wrong.

I hope this helps you get started in determing the cause of your hair loss.

Best wishes,

Bill