My 1st procedure with Dr. Jeffrey Epstein in Miami - a recommendation!

Hi Miami305

Sleep is a good question. I have found that particular thing to be the most annoying of all these new habbits a HT forces you into.

I am sleeping OK, but the elevated sleeping needed to minimize swelling for the first 5 days (I had some swelling, but a taped strip on the forehead kept it at bay and no "black-eye" effect).

Now I sleep much better and I'm not on several pillows anymore, but my scar makes it less comfortable to sleep on my back.

These last 2 days theres been dramatic improvement on my scar, so I'm sure I'll be back to full sleeping-depth very soon icon_smile.gif

Suture-removal hurt a bit. I wont kid you about that. The coagulated blood was holding on to those nylon threads pretty good, so the doctor had to cut up the suture in several places (on my request) to keep the length being dragged through my skin to a minimum. I think the overall feeling I had wasnt pain, but nervousness about the scarline. My doctor told me that having your sutures removed is often more painful than patients think. Some even go for a special spray that reduces sensation on the skin.

I'm getting happier everyday about the scar. I'm even getting back some sensation all the way across the incision which I think is pretty cool.

Shedding continues also, so it looks like I'm almost at the stage where I was before the operation, but that makes for a gradual "homecoming" instead, which I'm very excited about!

Good luck with your visit to Dr. E.

- Anders

AndersUK

Comgratulations on taking that step and choosing Dr. Epstein.

I am 6 month spost op with him and things are pregressing very nicely. You should be hppy with your end results...now it is just a matter of waiting

HT with Dr. Jeffrey Epstein

Dec. 17, 2004

3029 FU--NW5