Propecia - am I worrying too much

mrkneed

My question is this, my wife was massaging/scratching my head and when I ran my fingers thru my hair I had 10 hairs in it. I have been on propcia for 5 months shouldnt this prevent my hair from falling out??

I do know that prior to propecia when my wife would do this the same thing would happen i.e. roughly 10 hairs being in my hand.

Thanks for your responses.

My question is this, my wife was massaging/scratching my head and when I ran my fingers thru my hair I had 10 hairs in it. I have been on propcia for 5 months shouldnt this prevent my hair from falling out??

I do know that prior to propecia when my wife would do this the same thing would happen i.e. roughly 10 hairs being in my hand.

Thanks for your responses.

mrkneed,

Though hair on the hand can be scary, keep in mind that it is normal to shed between 50-100 hairs a day due to the normal hair growth cycle.

That being said, if Propecia is working for you, at 5 months, it should be preventing or minimizing hair loss at this point. Propecia however, should be tried for at least a year before determining if it is working for you.

All you can really do is wait at this point. Try not to worry too much in the meantime.

Best wishes,

Bill

Its hard to judge based on running your hand through your head.. Maybe you havent showered and they are just coming out?? Maybe you are having a slight shed?

Base the propecia on your overall appearance as opposed to counting hairs.. The mind can trick you sometimes.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!