Hair transplant one week later

arpma

i had one hairtransplant(week ago) with 450 Grafts in the front area about 40 cm2 to fill in. It was my fourth operation. And now i recognized that i have lost a lot of hair after the transplant even hair that were transplantet. did somebody had simalary expierience.

sorry about my english i'm from switzerland

i had one hairtransplant(week ago) with 450 Grafts in the front area about 40 cm2 to fill in. It was my fourth operation. And now i recognized that i have lost a lot of hair after the transplant even hair that were transplantet. did somebody had simalary expierience.

sorry about my english i'm from switzerland

If you use Finasteride (Propecia) you should probably retain more hair, and protect it fro shock fallout.

You should be using it anyway. Save all of your remaining natural hair. Transplants do not prevent future baldness.

• 2 weeks later...

arpma,

Yes..I experienced alot of Shock Loss after my process. I was on propecia for over two years. Propecia won't necessarily prevent this. Its a known subject...shock loss...hair that would have fallen out due to genetics could fall out sooner due to shock loss. I actually experience shock loss on previously transplanted hair. People on this site, and my Dr. have said Transplanted hair lost due to shock loss should grow back because its genetically programmed to.

Hair that would have fallen out anyway probably has a very slim chance of growing back, but still there is a slim chance.

I had 2800 FU's on Feb 4th.

Previous, old hair transplants (plugs as they call them) that fell out due to this shock loss are still growing back or have not grown back yet. I've been assured that this hair will grow back because its genetically designed to grow, but have not seen evidence of this yet.