posting preliminary photos

Things ar a little out of order here. Sorry guys.

This photo taken the day before my surgery does not really show the extent of the problem I wished to address. My previous surgeon had placed appoximately 8 grafts per cm2 in the front one third of my scalp. Look at the 1994 picture earlier in this thread and you will see how useless that effort was. Moreover, what doesn't show in the photo is that he planted what looked like a line of spaced out hairs at the newly created perimeter of my so called new hairline. Remarkable that it doesn't show at all in the photo which serves as warning to those who only look at photographs of a surgeon's workd. Behind the unnatural line of hairs, there were striking areas containing little or no hair. This is most evident if you look just behind the center of the pre-op frontal hairline. There was just a big gap there. I mentioned that I had used spiro creme with zinc and lipoxidil 1.5 retin a for about six months prior to the surgery with Dr. Keene. These products grew enormous amounts of hair. Especially on the to and crown where I had never had any transplants. No other medications, including proscar even remotely came close to such a cosmetically significant result. Again. Look at my 1994 phot earlier in the thread and I think you will get an idea of how much hair these drugs grew in a very short period of time. They were so effective, I considered forgoing another transplant, except for the fact that the spriro creme was only of marginal help in the hairline perimeter. So, i was still frustrated with an unnatural hairline. I realize the hairline doesn't look bad, but believe me, pictures decieve. Those tranplanted hairs looked like a neat little line of soldiers standing at attention.

Well, take a look at the preop - the hairline shows you the densisty given to me by my first surgeon, but you can see that behind the hairline the medications had a remarkable effect.

preop_front_hairline2.jpg.79fe579fb83187d57fd7f56a44ccc5dd.jpg

paul148:

you have similar hairloss to mine and a similar pattern for the new hairline. At 6 weeks post op, as with many others, I got some ingrown hairs and visible regrowth. Still very thin, though.

Best of luck and best wishes!

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.