Question Pertaining to Post-OP and Weightlifting

Heyy I recently (Jan. 14) just got a procedure done but Dr. Dorin of 1319 grafts to the frontal region. I am presently 10 days post-op and have the stitches removed today. Wanted to know about weight lifting and if I could lift today.

Please respond

You can lift. However, you run the risk of "stretching" your scar; the longer you wait to exercise, combined with how strenuous the exercise is on your donor, help determine what your scar ends up looking like.

Different people give different answers for the specifics; you just gotta be cautious and pay close attention to any feelings of strain/stress in your donor. Exercises with your chin tucked are notorious, e.g., for being bad.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Sounds Great! Just interested in doing a few sets of flat bench and incline bench benchpresses. No biggie. I think ill do them but lessen the weight a bit since Ive abstained from lifting for this procedure.

Thanks for the input Thana

Be careful and breathe correctly

You do not want to put pressure on the sutures which can be easy to do. No doubt go lighter.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Bp- do a search on this site re: working out, as this has been discussed before. The range varies based on the doctor. After researching this myself and putting together my post-op list of do's and don'ts I would personally wait several months (3+) before doing any serious lifting as I do not want the scar to stretch any more than it will naturally.

And believe me, I would seriously struggle with that amount of time off from working out as well. I am very active and would have a tough time with this, another reason (although small) for me not going forward at this point.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

I would not risk lifting weights right now. some light aerobic exercise is fine. i waited a full month to start lifting and i'm just using light weights on the cable station, no free weights.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Don't do it.

I waited 4 weeks after surgery to start lifting again and did not get back up to my usual weight until about 2 months after. I still stretched the scar (not much, but my doc noticed it).

Wait at least a month. Hey, if it makes it any easier, look at it this way: if you've been lifting 7 days/week for the past few months, a full month's break will actually do you good. If you've been lifting 3 or so days/week then you're not that serious about it, so what does it matter if you take a month off?