Freaking Out

Guest nrn0522

Guest nrn0522

Hi guys, firstly just wanted to say thank you for the great and informative website. I am 30 years old and have been thinking about a hair transplant for the last year or so. Every time I'm about to take the plunge I seem to freak out and worry about it being a disaster, scarring etc....A few questions:

- I am thinking of using Dr Griffin in Atlanta? HAs anyone worked with him?

- Is it fair to assume all the surgeons on this web-site are very good? Or do they pay advertising fees etc and I need to be weary.

- I was considering Bosley; however having done a bit of research this doesn't seem to be a great idea?

Thank you very much for your help

Guest nrn0522

Hi guys, firstly just wanted to say thank you for the great and informative website. I am 30 years old and have been thinking about a hair transplant for the last year or so. Every time I'm about to take the plunge I seem to freak out and worry about it being a disaster, scarring etc....A few questions:

- I am thinking of using Dr Griffin in Atlanta? HAs anyone worked with him?

- Is it fair to assume all the surgeons on this web-site are very good? Or do they pay advertising fees etc and I need to be weary.

- I was considering Bosley; however having done a bit of research this doesn't seem to be a great idea?

Thank you very much for your help

Dr. Griffin's results appear to be very good and quite natural looking.

Ask to see some of his patients in person.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

• Administrators

nrn0522,

You are very right to be cautious about hair restoration surgery. But some times hair loss sufferers who really could benefit get caught up in the paralysis of analysis and miss out.

I have visited Dr. Griffin's clinic in Atlanta on two occasions three years apart and spend the day each time watching his entire surgery. Frankly, he and his staff do one of THE most impressive and refined follicular unit surgeries I have ever seen.

To view highlights from my last visit to his clinic, click here.

But Dr. Griffin is very low key and modest. He is yet another one of the real gem in the rough superb clinics that we hear far too little about because they focus almost exclusively on quality and virtually nothing on marketing.

Unfortunately, even on the forums hype often over powers substance.

The physicians who are carefully chosen to be recommended on the Hair Transplant Network are chosen based on their reputation, proven track record and ethics. They also pay a monthly sponsorship fee to pay for the programing, marketing, maintance, visits to their clinics and conferences etc. that is involved in running our sites. I keep this fee low so that physicians who are top notch will have no issue with such a sponsorship fee.

How our community is supported is spelled out on the page that details the selection criteria for physicians. To view this page, click here.

I know you will be in great hands with Dr. Griffin. But as the Russians say "trust but verify". I encourage you to use the "Find" feature on this forum to search for patient comments about him.

Best wishes and don't freak out - do your home work and making a positive and well informed decision.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Originally posted by incubus99:
Originally posted by Pat - Publisher of this Community:

nrn0522,

But some times hair loss sufferers who really could benefit get caught up in the paralysis of analysis and miss out.

I have visited Dr. Griffin's clinic in Atlanta on two occasions three years apart and spend the day each time watching his entire surgery. Frankly, he and his staff do one of THE most impressive and refined follicular unit surgeries I have ever seen.

But Dr. Griffin is very low key and modest. He is yet another one of the real gem in the rough superb clinics that we hear far too little about because they focus almost exclusively on quality and virtually nothing on marketing.

Unfortunately, even on the forums hype often over powers substance.

Pat

1.) You say "THE most impressive" - does that mean more impressive than some of the top docs mentioned on this site?

2.) Pat, are there other clinics such as this one, in the southeast area, Florida in particular, that we don't hear enough about, because they are low key, but would be worth checking into?

Actually, Pat said "one of THE most impressive..." meaning that Dr. Griffin does deserve to be ranked up there with other top docs. Comparing great physicians is just like comparing "excellent" to "excellent." After you narrow it down to the highest echelon of skill, ethics, and outstanding results when looking for a physician, the only determining factor is personal preference.

There are plenty of great physicians in the Southeast:

Dr. Jerry Cooley in Charlotte, NC (He performed both of my procedures so I had to put this clinic first.)

Dr. Edmond Griffin in Atlanta, GA

Dr. Glenn Charles in Boca Raton, Fl

Dr. Paul Rose of Tampa, FL

Dr. Alan Bauman in Boca Raton,FL

Dr. Jeffrey Epstein of Miami, FL

This is just to name the ones off the top of my head.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• Administrators

Mahair,

Nice of you to drop by to drop more poison in the well. Having a bad day again?

By the way, what would you know about Dr. Griffin's work or how he does his consultations? Have you ever watched him do surgery or consulted with him?

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• 1 month later...

Hi there. I had an HT surgery with Dr. Griffin in June 2005 and the results are really great. I am not sure what Mahair is referring to, but Dr. Griffin told me at my consult that I would probably need about 2 sessions for adequate fullness, but with this one session, I am not sure I will even need the second one. I had over 2000 grafts and the growth is great. My hair stylist says she can't tell which is my existing hair vs what was implanted. I have alot of growth. It is much better and alot more growth than I ever expected. The scar in the back is barely noticeable. Just a very thin line. I can wear my hair really short and you can't see it. I had a great experience from start to finish. Dr. Griffin and the whole staff are all very nice and professional. I also liked that I was the only patient that day and the surgery area is very private. It is not like some of the other hair transplant "factories" which I consulted with. Highly recommend.

• 2 years later...