FUE Question

Is it Possible to get the FUE grafts taken away from the

area you would get a strip done?

I ask the question becuase im thinking I could try the FUE root.

Knowing if it dosnt work out I have the Strip area to fall back on which hasnt been thined out by FUE grats.

Be Interested to know what some of the experts might say.

Is it Possible to get the FUE grafts taken away from the

area you would get a strip done?

I ask the question becuase im thinking I could try the FUE root.

Knowing if it dosnt work out I have the Strip area to fall back on which hasnt been thined out by FUE grats.

Be Interested to know what some of the experts might say.

Amongst the little I know FUE and FUSS use the same donor area, using the area of hair that is most likely DHT resistant. When you look at immediate POST OP pics of FUE and FUSS patients you will see that the donor area that had been removed was from the back of the head, not too hight and not too low. So in effect they are competing for majority of the same hair.

Someone else may be able to comment on this.

If its a small amount of FUE they can take some of the hair below the occipital notch - I believe. If they go as low as the nape area then the hair may not be resistant to DHT in the future.

They can also go pretty low on the sides, but again I'm not sure how resistant this hair is to DHT. Generally they do not go super low with strip b/c of the risk of scar stretching.

Abe

Had 3k With Umar on Feb 16, 2009

My Hair Loss Website

Charlie,

Yes, hair can be taken with FUE in the same area (and somewhat above and below) the area a strip would be taken.

Be careful however, how you approach your hair restoration goals. In my opinon, if you're going to get strip at all, you should do it first and get stripped out first before considering using FUE grafts. There's also an argument that suggests getting as much FUE as possible and then going the strip route.

There are pros and cons to both. But unless your hair loss is highly extensive, you may be able to get away with a few procedures of one or the other, rather than both.

Good luck in deciding a procedure that's right for you.

Bill

Thanks for your replys,

I think if I did deside to go down that path I would be requesting the areas were Remove the grafts

Rather than thining out the strip areas.

I actully think by doing this I have nothing to lose..other than money

If it dosnt work out theres the strip option still open.

• 1 month later...