3 weeks post-op growing started

hi,

I am only 3 weeks and I can see the new hairs growing.. I had FUE but regardless - I thought they supposed to be gone instead of growing. Or this is just going to happen soon? icon_smile.gif

thanks

basic

hi,

I am only 3 weeks and I can see the new hairs growing.. I had FUE but regardless - I thought they supposed to be gone instead of growing. Or this is just going to happen soon? icon_smile.gif

thanks

basic

Yes they should be still falling out by 3 weeks. The earliest that I've heard of growth is 6 weeks and that is only after the patient has used Minoxidil to speed up growth.

Do you have any before and after pictures so we can have a look at the growth?

Are you using anything to speed up your growth such as MSM or Minoxidil? If you are using Minoxidil you could be seeing regrowth of native hair, either way it sounds like a good thing.

Im 3 weeks post op as well and my transplanted hair is still falling out I'd say I only got 40% of the transplanted grafts left - more is expected to follow. Since Im using Minoxidil and MSM Im hoping for some minor growth 3 months out.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

yeah, I see.. Probably some of them are mine and some of them are new.. I don't have before pics and have not taken post ones - I guess I can if many are interested. I am using minoxidil 5%.. What is MSM by the way?

We'll knowing that you are using Minoxidil Im thinking that it might be just that - Its a good sign that Minoxidil is working for you!

If you still think it is your transplanted hair growing than we definately would like to see some pics cause this would be a first at only 3 weeks out! Also post your diet and anything else you are doing that might've sped things up e.g. practicing witch craft, standing on your head 2 hours each day, etc :-).

MSM is a supplement that is used to promote faster growth of hair and nails. You can read more about it on Roberts website:

http://www.iregrewmyhair.com/my-story/product-review-msm/

Having been using it for a while I can vouch for the faster nail growth, as they are now growing faster than I can chew them, while watching my team advancing in the world cup :-)

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

Telogen is the resting phase of the life cycle of the hair. This phase lasts for 3-4 months and ends as new hairs (anagen or growing phase) emerge.

If you got shaved for your transplant, you are probably seeing native hair regrowing. Depending on individual circumstance, some transplanted follicules dont shed, but most do and have to cycle though the above routine....

So, in your case, it could be good-you got lucky and some arent gonna shed, or, they havent hit telogen yet,but, are still going to do so, and you have in essence, a longer waiting period for them to complete the cycle.

Minox can help with transplant shock, and get some faster regrowth if used for 2-4 mos post op, but 3 weeks just isnt gonna do it...

Good luck man, the waiting SUCKS!

I am going to see my doctor in a couple of days and find out what he is saying about this.. And I will post my picture for your reference.

thanks

basic

for my diet - nothing really special, I don't take anything else and plan to stop minoxidil in 3 months. I am still very careful with the recipient area and still sleepting on my back. (I guess as soon as I put more pressure on the grafts they all will go soon icon_smile.gif)

basic

basic,

For me, Half of my transplanted hairs shed at 3 weeks post op. But many(single and 2 hair grafts) did not shed and started to grow. But all these hairs shed between 40 and 50 days post op and I became complete bald.

-Jagdish

Ravi Vide

did they regrow after all? I now believe this is what I should expect as well.. but I hope I will see some grows anyway on 8th week or so. - 5 more weeks to go!

after 3 weeks apart from stilling having some hair is it still noticable you have had the procedure and does your head still hurt after it? i only get 2 weeks off to recover and im back to work and since i wear a hard hat its a bit of a worry, 20 days to go woo hoo!

We Can only Play the cards we are dealt

http://www.hairlossweblogs.com/home-page.asp?WebID=95

Originally posted by Browny217:

after 3 weeks apart from stilling having some hair is it still noticable you have had the procedure and does your head still hurt after it? i only get 2 weeks off to recover and im back to work and since i wear a hard hat its a bit of a worry, 20 days to go woo hoo!

youll just be gettin the staples out and the donor is gonna be really tender....graphs will be seated, but the area will still be red or pinkish for a period...

Id be more concerned about the donor area and the scar stretching or becoming inflamed/irritated/infected......Id wear a bandana under my hardhat....

i have no visible marks or anything like that. i had fue so i have no scar. i wear a cap only because my head was buzzed too short (i was covering it by having longer hair). i guess i can buzz the rest of the head that short to make in unnoticeble but - i hope i will get some grows of the old or new hair to be able to cover the area..