25 and thinking about a transplant

Hi all:

I have been reading this forum for the last year or so, but this is my very first post. I am currently 25 and I am looking to get a hair transplant in the near future. I have been balding for about 7 years and feel that I have a defined pattern of balding.

I recently went on propecia and definitely felt the side effects. I stopped using propecia because it completely freaked me out. I am using Rogaine and will continue to use Rogaine.

I am looking to go to Dr. Cooley for the transplant, but I have not had an in person consultation with Dr. Cooley due to the distance from where I live. I am looking for some advice on what everyone thinks about my situation as far as......does not using Propecia and getting a HT at a young age cause problems; is an in person consultation 100% necessary before getting a HT; whats everyone's thoughts on HT at the age of 25.....etc

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have really gained a vast amount of knowledge from this site thus far.

The side effects that I experienced were a complete lack of sex drive. It was like nothing I have ever experienced before. At 25, I don't think I should have any issues with this, and they were more than apparent only after a few weeks with Propecia.

My fear is that if I go through with a HT at this age, that if not using Propecia, my sides will drop even further causing a very odd look with hair on the top of my head but then a gap b/w the hair on the sides of my head.

To be honest, I doubt it is AS effective. Yes, I take 1/4 of a proscar pill only on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I feel my sex drive is coming back but I'm honestly not sure if it's a mental thing or not because I still wake up with "morning wood" and even did when I took it every day.