Any experience with Dr. Edwin Epstein?

• 1 month later...

The short answer is that I did not go to Dr. Epstein for the HT. I am going to Dr. Vogel in Baltimore. The long answer is this, I went to five doctors in the DC/Baltimore area before deciding on Dr. Vogel. Here are the pro/cons of my visits: Dr. Chiaramonte, could not show me any pictures of past transplant work citing patient confidentiality. Wanted to put the hair line too low. Stated cost would vary depending on the techs he hired. Was an hour late in seeimg me. Too many red flags. Dr. Kiely, wanted to do four small procedures over many months using fue and mini/mico. Very expensive rates and time consuming. He did provide a great consultation. Dr. Gianatto, saw a consultant. Consultant did a good job, but I would have liked to have seen the doctor, not meet him the morning of the HT. Consultant estimated 2.5 to 3.5 hours door to door for 1000-1200. I would have been one of many that day. Dr. Epstein, did not see the doctor. Overall, the consultant did a good job. Would I have gone there if I had met the doctor? Would have been a major factor in my decision. There was one doctor in Reston, VA (Forgot name) who I was going to see, but his website was so screwed up, that I cancelled. If he pays that little attention to detail, what would he do to my head. Dr. Vogel, great consult. Literature was received in the mail prior to consult, good information. Tech spent 35/45 minutes going over procedure and photos. Doctor did evaluation and wrote long term plan, this took an additional 45 minutes. Doctor answered any and all questions and had lots for me. Met patient and saw work. I could not have asked for a better consult. The following helped in my decision: Prior to the HT, Dr. Vogel requires blood work, for Hep, HIV and clotting, portects both you and him. Also, his facility is a full surgical facility which requires great effort to keep certified. I am scheduled for 1200 on Friday, May 2. Dr. Vogel was not the cheapest or even close to the most expensive. I checked the VA and MD doctor certification web sites and saw none of these doctors had any complaints or legal action in the last 10-15 years. Good luck in your decision.

• 4 months later...

I just replied on your other thread. Overall, very positive experience. I have photos from the day of the HT, but the files were too large to post. Pat corrected the photos, but the photos still would not post. People at work have noticed more hair and asked about if I have had a HT. When I tell them yes, they have all said it looks very natural. If you have some specific questions, let me know. Good luck in your decision.

• 10 years later...