HT without Propecia

kujo

Background: I am 28 years old having hair loss since 3-4 years but have not done much about it. I have very thin hair on the top and can't put up with it any longer.

I am ready to consider HT but I am very nervous about taking propecia due to the side effect. Is it okay to have HT and not take any drugs to prevent further hair loss?

BTW: I lose about 40-50 hair daily every time I take shower and comb my hair. Is this common?

Also, I would like to thank all of you for putting together this site and your comments. I have never posted here but follow it closely. This has been very helpful for me to keep my sanity icon_smile.gif...

Background: I am 28 years old having hair loss since 3-4 years but have not done much about it. I have very thin hair on the top and can't put up with it any longer.

I am ready to consider HT but I am very nervous about taking propecia due to the side effect. Is it okay to have HT and not take any drugs to prevent further hair loss?

BTW: I lose about 40-50 hair daily every time I take shower and comb my hair. Is this common?

Also, I would like to thank all of you for putting together this site and your comments. I have never posted here but follow it closely. This has been very helpful for me to keep my sanity icon_smile.gif...

Taking propecia after a transplant is not required but you will continue to lose your native hair after the transplant. If you do not wish to take propecia tell your doctor before the sugery so he can plan for the loss of native hairs.

kujo...

Giants is spot on with his advice.

Losing 40-50 hairs per day could indeed be normal as this may be part of the normalgrowth cycle.

However just because you are seeing 40-50 hairs falling out doesn't mean there aren't more.

The fact that you are already thin on top could indicate that you are losing more hair.

Do you have any pictures you can post of your hair loss condition?

I hope this helps,

Bill