what did I do?

thor

I just had 1,100 graphs planted. Not too happy about anything right now. The Dr said I would only need this one time, but it does not look that way to me. The donor site was and still is painfull. I passed out when they took stitches out a week later.

The pattern is sparse near top, I think because the Dr and techs were all kinda short and it must have been a reach for them. I am so ticked off that I did not do homework before I did this.

I just had 1,100 graphs planted. Not too happy about anything right now. The Dr said I would only need this one time, but it does not look that way to me. The donor site was and still is painfull. I passed out when they took stitches out a week later.

The pattern is sparse near top, I think because the Dr and techs were all kinda short and it must have been a reach for them. I am so ticked off that I did not do homework before I did this.

Who was your doctor? Where are you on the Norwood scale? What kind of grafts did your doctor use?

It's possible that you are in a post-surgical depression. Also, you might have gotten screwed over, or you could be doing fine right now, there is no way to tell from your brief post. However the "You'll only need a few grafts and you'll be done" line is a CLASSIC line of BS that hair transplant doctors have traditionally used to sucker patients. So that is a red flag. And hair transplant doctors are notorious for "playing down" the invasiveness of the surgery ("it's less painful than going to the dentist"). For many guys, this is not true for how they experience the surgery.

Hang in there. If I were you, I'd be using Propecia to try to maintain all of my "natural hair". That is crucial, if you still have a decent amount of "natural" hair, to save as much as you can. Be patient. There's nothing else you can do at this moment except be patient and keep your fingers crossed.

If it turns out that you were promised things that you didn't get, or you were deceived, you should complain to the clinic, then file a report with the State Medical Board, contact the Better Business Bureau, and possibly talk to a lawyer...

thor - I think many of us have those feelings like "oh sh*t, what have I done" at some point in time after after surgery. I mean, you head feels really bad, and the transplanted hairs don't look that great. It's normal for your donor area to hurt for a while, though I think you are the exception with the passing out during stitch removal (it really wasn't that bad, was it?). Just wait, soon the transplanted hairs will fall out, and then you are likely to have some more thoughts of remorse until they start growing in again. As far as what your doctor said about just needing one surgery, you'll have to discuss that with the doctor. All I can say is for sure is that you'll have to wait a few months before you can really say if you did the right thing. I'm 6 months post-surgery and I can say for sure that I did.

I appreciate this feed back. I did send a photo. I have a digital and plan on doing some kind of documentary. I did some homework last night and it is not looking good. By the way I am not a light weight. Passing out from the stiches being removed was caused by the trama of leaving stiches in too long. Staples would have also been a better choice.

I saw some before and after pics (Surgeon - Dr Ron Shapiro

Shapiro Medical Group - MN)

that are a third of what I got with 1100. The Doctor (hirch)told a flat out lie when he said this is all I will need. I am a 2a or 3 by the way. That is the part that hurt the most too, to be bs by a surgeon. It is sad when a person spends beyound their means to make what is thought to be a life changing operation and then find out that they have been ripped off by a Doctor. I really do appreciate thissite and the responses. More to come . Thanks Thor

• 6 years later...