Dr. Arvind

Anouar

What are your thoughts on the good Dr. I heard some controversy surrounding some images that he used on his website that weren't his. Obviously this would scare me into going to see him. However, on Ha_rsite he is very much involved and respected for the insight that he provides. What are your thoughts on his work?

What are your thoughts on the good Dr. I heard some controversy surrounding some images that he used on his website that weren't his. Obviously this would scare me into going to see him. However, on Ha_rsite he is very much involved and respected for the insight that he provides. What are your thoughts on his work?

Anouar, There have to be good doctors out there coming up in the ranks so to speak, but why research it first-hand? A few members on this site have paved the way, checked on these clinics and doctors first-hand--that's awesome!!!! Its really being handed to everybody who wants to take adcantage of it.

Second time its742 has made an assumtion and given his x- spurt advice. Yea ; why research first hand? Clinics always use new blades because it so crowded? Where did you see that on M.A.S.H. ? Or are your obsevations from the clinic you work for that techs/ "doctors" are running in circles like whirling dervishs'. I think you should get on a 747 and fly away.

Anouar - Hang tough Bro it takes time to grasp things and as much as I know it sucks, you have another 6 months of research before you make any decisions.

A hair on the head is worth two on the brush.

I don't work for commision.. I bust e'm for free. Thank me later.

Anouar,

Personally, the post op work I've seen recently of Dr. Arvind's patients online looks great....though I admit, I have not seen any work posted all the way through to evaluate results.

I know there has been some controversy as I believe that Dr. Arvind has been caught posting photos of other doctor's patients and claiming them as his own.

That being said...what you see online may not actually be what you get. Proceed with caution.

Bill

Aquarius, " Clinics always use new blades because it's so crowded"? What?? What?? I don't even understand what your trying to say. If that was interpreted to what I wrote, you got stuck in a Mash re-run trying to read my post. And if you have the extra time and money to spend flying from state to state to check out clinics do it!! The long time guys here have already done most of the footwork!!!

Did you write this ?

"Hello, I can say with complete certainty that just for the fact that too many people are involved in a doctor's office-- especially in a surgery situation that you would be getting new blades each and every time!!!"

How do you know this? Don't be so surprised and defensive. It's not like we caught you jerking at grandmas on thanksgiving. : )

Your right -I'll just hitchhike to the nearest up and comer.

Gotta go this is the one that hotlips takes a shower.

Slow down fellas; no need to be meanie pants to each other.........seriously. Except for that hairtechnician guy....you can be mean to him icon_razz.gif

Although I have to admit, I'm really glad there are guys like Bill and HB to be the "Goodwill Ambassadors" to this site. Sometimes when I read a new post like "Help me please, what be the betterest hair job for hair falling due to mango herbs on unpleasant situation" I want to slam myself with a brick. Or, when new guys get on this site and right away start asking basic questions that have been answered a million freakin' times it just bugs the PISS out of me. I read EVERY single archived post over a few months before I asked a single question on here a couple of years ago. By then, my question list has been cut by at least 2/3's.

Anyway, remember, life is VERY VERY short in the bigger scheme of things. The past and future do not exist anymore than the Easter Bunny does; only the breathable, tangible, present moment does. So relax, be happy, and be nice! icon_biggrin.gif

Pushing40-

Okay I'm sitting here like kung-fu breathing and all. Thinking of tangible stuff,the present ' the non -existant future , the easter bunny. Now my legs fell asleep and I'm really pissed.

lol guys,

No need to be cruel with one another. Let's remain friends icon_wink.gif.

Now back on topic...

Anouar brings up a pertinent question...

Honestly, I have no proof to date that Dr. Arvind posted patients of other doctor's work...but I have talked to Pat and a few others who have seen first hand these things.

So whether or not Dr. Arvind does good work...you have to ask...is it enough? IMO, there is an ethical issue here...

That to me is just as important for trust reasons. I could never trust a doctor who has purposely tried to deceive patients.

Anyone who has more information about the posting of such images and/or proof of such unethical behavior...it would be beneficial for this discussion.

Cheers,

Bill

I have seen a coupleof Dr. Arvind's patients in person and the results are impressive. I havent met patients of other doctors so I can not compare, so cant say much on that count.

As for website based accusations, anouar, India is not the same as west. I will give Dr. Arvind the benefit of doubt. Quite possible that the web designer did a copy and paste job.

I have met the doctor in person. He seems a very caring and passionate man.

Still, as others say, do your research yourself and let the long time writers help you.

pushing 40-

A new side of you I had not see, bro......"pushing 40, the moderator"........LOL, you crack me up, my friend!

As for Dr. A.........I couldn't recommend him at this time. I recall a thread......maybe it was about 1 year ago?? You can probably find it if your interested. No question about whether or not pics were shown on his website that weren't his work...........they were there and I don't think he denied it. Rather, he more or less shirked responsibility for it and blamed it on his poor technical skills. Ultimately, if it's his clinic, he's responsible for what is published on any clinic-related website.

The work I've seen posted by him does look good, I must admit. However, I'm with Bill in that I believe there is the question of ethics to deal with regarding Dr. A. It would take a great deal of before/afters and maybe other information for me to recommend him.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

hairbank,

By any chance...do you have a link to that thread? Was it this community or another? I think it may be beneficial to post and let people draw their own conclusions.

Unfortunately, many of the truth revealing threads showing the ethical issues of another well known Doctor (Dr. Cole) have been cleaned up nicely to Dr. Cole's advantage.

Bill