IS HT for me?

Hello I am 24 and I was born with a strong widows peak, there was never any kind of hair loss for me. I was wondering if it is possible to get a normal hairline with HT even though there was never any hairloss in that area.

Each peak is about 1.2" heigh which I would imagine it is considered a small area,how many grafts/hairs would I need to get it as dense as the rest of my head?

Heres a pic.bwwpjh8.jpg

Thank You,

JJ

Hello I am 24 and I was born with a strong widows peak, there was never any kind of hair loss for me. I was wondering if it is possible to get a normal hairline with HT even though there was never any hairloss in that area.

Each peak is about 1.2" heigh which I would imagine it is considered a small area,how many grafts/hairs would I need to get it as dense as the rest of my head?

Heres a pic.bwwpjh8.jpg

Thank You,

JJ

r2-

I'd recommend you do some serious consulting and get advice before doing anything. At 24, you're still pretty young and may end up with some loss down the road. If so, you have to be strategic in your decision about HT's. I turn 40 next month and have lost my hair gradually over the years having my first of 2 HT's at age 38. I believe I noticed the loss first around age 22 or 23 with an ever so slight thinning of the crown. By my mid-thirties I had a sizable bald spot on the crown, temple recision and my hairline had receded about 1".

If you truly don't end up with any loss(this is the $64,000 question)........what you're talking about is no problem. Good luck.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Yes, it's certainly possible to get hair transplanted in front of an existing hairline whether one has hair loss or not. If I understand your concerns correctly, you want to soften the widow's peak by bringing down your temporal peaks into a soft curve. Right now you have a V shape hairline. Your picture is a little blurry to give an accurate assessment of how many grafts you might need. My best guess is you probably won't need as many grafts as you might think for a natural aesthetic look.

In my opinion, the traditional linear strip is still a good option since you will most likely have ample density in the donor region, it will only take a small strip to provide enough grafts. This means just a pencil line width by approx. one to two inch long scar will remain in the donor area when all is said and done. In fact, you will have a hard time finding the scar with the new type of donor closure, which produces minimal scar lines (tricophytic closure). You'll save yourself money and surgery time. With the small strip excision, there should be plenty donor left for future loss(if any).

r2d2,

You have a wonderful head of hair and an equally wonderful widows peak hairline. No hair transplant surgery! No FUE and absolutely no strip for you! Stay away from the hair loss forums and forget about your hair and enjoy life. You will regret surgery at this point in your life.