Yes, you can take hair out of any place on your head or body. May I ask about your situation? Where do you want to move the hair to?

-----------------------------

I am not a doctor. I am a surgical tech trained in hair transplant. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Mwamba. My advice is not medical advice.

Typically, surgeons use hair from what is called the "safe donor area". This means that the hair that they harvest is safe from further hairloss. Hairloss is difficult to predict. You never know how much you are going to lose.

The safe donor area is the back of your head, from ear to ear, and from the nape of your neck to the outside rim of the crown, approximately.

Usually, when surgeons take hair from the top of the head, it is to repair a previous, poor hair transplant.

I hope that helps icon_smile.gif

--------------------------

I am not a doctor. I am a surgical tech trained in hair transplant. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Mwamba. My advice is not medical advice.

Thanks, but looking from the top hairs on my head it is a lot thicker and it is more wavy than the back of my head. I mean, so its not possible that the doc could just get the hairs from the top than the back? My back hairs are a lot more thinner than my top ones, and i dont want that put in, id rather have the top ones in

Cola

A HT doctor would only take the DHT resistant hair from the back of the head. This is to ensure it will not eventually fall out due to the same reasons you hairline is receding.. No sense in placing hair in the front which will fall out 10 years down the road. The hairs in back probably seem less dense because the are shorter than the top..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Bleach,

Ethical physicians will not remove hair from the top of your head and transplant it in your balding areas...and rightfully so

Because hairloss is unpredictable, this nice thick area of hair you talk about may end up receeding or thinning out as you get older. That means if you use this hair that may be susceptible to DHT, your transplanted hair could fall out too.

So Jessica's and Mrjb's responses are completely accurate.

I hope this helps.

Bill