When are you out of the wood with Shock loss and graft shedding?

Thin,

Sorry nobody has replied to your question yet.

Shock loss can occur at various times however, both the shocked hair and transplanted hair typically starts to regrow around the same time. If you do experience heavy shock loss, it could take up to 12 months for it to fully restore, depending on your transplanted hair growth timeframe.

The early days are hard, but take a deep breath and relax. It may get a little worse before things get better. But this is all normal icon_smile.gif

Best wishes,

Bill

hi thinguy

yes things have sure been quiet of late .

I thought i was going to be one of the "lucky ones" hahahaha turned out that all my anxious phone conversations with spex were right and that i was just a late shedder , my worse was the 2 month mark , i really had lost most of my transplanted hair by then , i only really kept about 20% , if that bud

I also think I may have had some shockloss as ,my crown was really bare at 2 months , even worse than before my ht , almost 6 months now and will update my blog soon

check out my blog big guy

hope that helps

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Thin,

I didn't say it could occur anytime, I said it could occur at various times icon_smile.gif.

Shock loss is a loss of hair as a result of trauma to the scalp during surgery.

From what I have seen, shock loss can occur anytime up and during the first 3 months. I started to experience it around week 5 and noticed some regrowth by week 10-12. But it is different for everyone.

Does this answer your question?

Bill