Misleading Pictures or Not?

Those results are impossible with the number of graphs claimed, even if they were large graphs behind micro's. I beleive this doc was a member of the Puig Med Group about 10 years ago.....STAY AWAY!

I wish I would have gone over there. I could lower my hairline by at least an inch or so with my 500 grafts.

icon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

[This message was edited by Microprose on June 19, 2003 at 08:02 PM.]

Please do NOT be so easily swayed by some good 'after' photos. Microprose, is that sarcasm I detect? I certainly hope so. Maybe we should enact an "emoticon/sarcasm" rule. icon_wink.gif

Dr. Schwinning was part of Long Island Medical Associates (LIMA) also known as the Hitzig Schwinning Medical Group. They are the ones involved in multiple lawsuits that at one time numbered over a hundred patients, and they are the ones who hired the off-duty sanitation worker to help with surgery. If I remember correctly, Dr. Schwinning got into big trouble with his medical license, for operating on the wrong leg of a woman. If I remember correctly, the woman lost her leg as a result of that mix-up. As part of his deal with the authorities, Schwinning agreed he would confine his medical practice to hair transplants. Because it is unlikely that a patient will die during a hair transplant, many people think the damage being done by a bad hair transplant is minimal. How's that make you feel? Safe?

Any idiot can rustle up a few good before and after photos. If that is your only criteria for picking a doctor, you are rolling the dice with your eyes closed. Many patients have ideal charecteristics, and will tend to have good results as long as the doc isn't completely incompetent. It doesn't matter if they use Minigrafts or what they do, the patient's charecteristics are so favorable he will look better in his "afters". Hey, there are even impressive "after" photos of patients who had Dolls hair plugs. Does that mean you should use that doctor?

PHOTOS ARE DECEIVING, even when they aren't meant to be. Nothing compares to seeing patients in person. Photos only show that one angle, they flatten the three-dimensional depth. Even a combover can look good in a photo. Most photos will not show pitting or cobblestoning, even when a guy with bad results is trying to show you his cobblestoning problem! Even when the doctor has the best intentions, photos do not give a completely accurate assessment.

[This message was edited by arfy on June 19, 2003 at 07:55 PM.]