density after hairtransplant

arpma

It usually looks the worst right before it starts to grow in- which means you are there. With FU grafting you usually notice the start of growth at 3 1/2 to 4 months. It is pretty pitiful at the start, but by 5-6 months it is gaining strength and starts to contibute to your appearance. Improvement will continue for another 6 months or more beyond the start of growth.

Dr. Parsley is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Any month before it starts to grow is a bad month! A better way to think of it is "when will the results start to look good", to which I would answer, "6 to 12 months". I'm still waiting for my second batch (2 months ago) to start.

I'm in my seventh month. I had 2800 FU's. Most up front to fix previous old plugs.

The single FU's up front are still very very thin and this worries me. The FU's inserted in the back of the plugs, are much thicker.

midnight, i had a similar experience with

the fu's on the actual hairline in a stalled

growth period,actually,i'm 9 months post op

and i still have hairs on the hairline itself

just starting to come in,one in particualar has

just stayed the same stubble lengh for 3 months

now like its stuck,overall though i am very

happy as 1285 fu's have squared my face off

nicely,giving me back my youthful look.give it

time,i can see finally now that with time it

gets awesome.have patience,people told me that and

i finally understand. good luck and godspeed.

Hey figsy,

So your in your 9 month and you still see growth and well as more thickness?? Man...thats good news because I look at these before and after pictures on this site, where they had fewer FU's than I had and I get real dissappointed.!!!!

Thanx

Hey Midnite,

Whats shaken buddy? I have had many procedures. Each time I worry, each time the grafts come in . Once I did not notice until 8.5 to 9 months.

Be patient, even if it kills you.

I am 6.5 to 7 months and I am not totally pleased with last session. However the best is yet to come for us old timers. I had some minis in the early 90's so blood supply and scar tissue can always be a factor in the new growth of the recent grafts.

Hey Ron,

First..thanx for the support.

Second...a question for you regarding Shock Loss on second and third procedures. Did you experience shock loss with any of the FU's from your previous procedures when you had your second and third procedure. If so, was it dramatic and did they grow back??

How many FU's did you have on each procedure??

Thanx - Midnite

Yes midnite,

I had the advantage of seeing what happens to a recipient area when you pass through it a 2nd and 3rd time. I feel each time the trauma of the procedure caused some of the previously transplanted hair to fall out. I will have to respond to its re-growth in a couple of months. By then I will be at the 9 month mark and can better assess the situation

Take care a stay patient