Blonde Hair and Scarring

Just curious. I have very, very blonde hair. Is the scar more visible through light colored hair than dark? I am more than likely going to go with Hasson and Wong so I know the scar will be minimal. But does hair color matter in the cover up?

I've only seen a handful of blonde pics on this board and I was wondering if there's a big difference in the HT results.

Just curious. I have very, very blonde hair. Is the scar more visible through light colored hair than dark? I am more than likely going to go with Hasson and Wong so I know the scar will be minimal. But does hair color matter in the cover up?

I've only seen a handful of blonde pics on this board and I was wondering if there's a big difference in the HT results.

endoftherope,

Hair color matters much less than density of the donor area. I have seen a few people with a thinner donor area, even when longer, where the scar showed through slightly...he did happen to have blond hair But thick blond hair will cover a scar just as dark hair will, especially when kept longer. Keep in mind, however, it takes about a year for the scar to mature, therefore, the scar will be red/pink for awhile before it eventually ends up skin color.

Bill

"EndOfTheRope,"

I think the key is the length at which you want to wear your hair, post-HT...my understanding is that if you keep it longer, it would cover whatever scar remained. Do you happen to have photos you would be comfortable sharing? At a minimum, this is a key question for your doctor.

I passed the 6-month mark on 12/19, and although my hair is not blond (you can judge for yourself, but I'd characterize it as "light brown"), and the hair in my donor area both thick (thankfully!) and reasonably long, neither I nor the stylist I use have been able to find my scar for the past three months at least -- courtesy of Dr. Feller's deft hands and tricho!

Hope this is of help...

Benjamin