Rogaine Foam - Scalp becomes warm?

tamgelikah

I really want to commit and use Rogain. Already purchased some foam bottles and all. But as I start use, my scalp becomes "warm" and that irritates my eyes/vision. I know Rogaine (minoxidol) is a vaso-dialator so its mechanism is to increase blood flow to the area (scalp) but this "side effect" deters my committment to use. Should I struggle through it? Am I putting too much on? Should I use it just once a day? Every other day? Any other thoughts? I would really appreciate it, I'm really at a spot where I need to do something or live with the hair loss.

On a side note, I have a shaved hair style, so scalp is pretty exposed and vulnerable to the Rogaine. I don't know if that makes a difference.

tamgelikah,

You may want to consider stopping Rogaine for a few days to see if your vision improves and your eyes are no longer irritated. If it goes away, perhaps try using it once daily instead of twice to see if it still occurs.

If you continue to experience side effects, you may want to consider alternative treatments.

If you are a male, have you considered using Propecia?

Best wishes,

Bill