Few serious question! Please help!

Okay,

There are probably around 50 doctors in this coalition itself, i have spoken to many of the doctors and most of them claim that they do a few surgeries every week! and say that we may need to book months in advance to get a date. If so many surgeries are being performed on a daily basis, why do i see hardly 1-2 results posted either by surgeon or patient per week from all surgeons combined? Why are there such less number of results on the internet? even the Web blog i have seen, i see most of the updates are either pre and post op, and no further updates even though the post surgery dates are 6-8months ago. My question is..

1) How many surgeries does the top clinics perform every week? and if they are all operating from many years(10+ yrs), why is that we don't see equal or atleast comparable number of success stories with pictures from these clinics?

2) I have also seen many scenarios where the growth is pretty less compared to the number of grafts, so does the top clinics garuntee that atleast 90% of the grafts grow and probably offer further surgery for free if that does not happen?

Sorry for the lengthy post!

Okay,

There are probably around 50 doctors in this coalition itself, i have spoken to many of the doctors and most of them claim that they do a few surgeries every week! and say that we may need to book months in advance to get a date. If so many surgeries are being performed on a daily basis, why do i see hardly 1-2 results posted either by surgeon or patient per week from all surgeons combined? Why are there such less number of results on the internet? even the Web blog i have seen, i see most of the updates are either pre and post op, and no further updates even though the post surgery dates are 6-8months ago. My question is..

1) How many surgeries does the top clinics perform every week? and if they are all operating from many years(10+ yrs), why is that we don't see equal or atleast comparable number of success stories with pictures from these clinics?

2) I have also seen many scenarios where the growth is pretty less compared to the number of grafts, so does the top clinics garuntee that atleast 90% of the grafts grow and probably offer further surgery for free if that does not happen?

Sorry for the lengthy post!

indian,

I'll give an opinion on the fist question. I believe some clinics just don't understand the powerful tool this and other sites can be.

For example, I visited and consulted with Dr. Griffin in Atlanta. By all accounts, he is an excellent surgeon as well as being a member of the coalition. I specifically told a couple of people there I had got their name from this particular website. Both of these people weren't really sure at first what I was talking about. My opinion was they had plenty of business and patients to satisfy their goals so they depend on word of mouth AND this site to educate people.

Think about it. These clinics are judged and deemed worthy to be recommended, provide pictures, and pay a fee to support the site. Many of them probably think that's plenty. And until they start seeing some slow business, they might not feel a need to do more.

Another clinic I can speak to is Cooley, who performed my surgery. He told me they really depend on patient word of mouth as well. Again, he's got a couple month waiting list and does four surgeries a week so I'm thinking he might be happy with his practice.

On the flip side, I'm sure Feller, Shapiro, Wong, etc. have plenty of business as well but take a different approach to internet postings. These clinics are taking advantage of their membership for sure.

Similarly, a lot of businesses in my town pay chamber of commerce dues, do the ribbon cutting, get their names in the books, and that's it. Personally, I go to all the events, join the committees, etc. because I want to work my membership and get the most business from it possible.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

indian_balding,

One of the hurdles we faced in the past is motivating our recommended surgeons to regularly present their patient photos online. Though most perform surgery very regularly, most do not spend the extra time presenting their work on this or other forums.

I expect this to be changing in the very near future. I expect most surgeons will be presenting at least one patient or surgical photo album on our forum each month. Those who post regularly, will prosper and garner the most patients and online accolades. Those that don't will fall behind and become yesterdays news.

I'm not so sure what you mean by your second question. If you have seen patient results from surgeons recommended on our site and we find that growth is less than optimal on a consistent basis, we will no longer recommend them. However, I have found that some have expectations higher than reality, especially when they are not considering other variables like hair characteristics, area of placement of the hair, etc.

No surgeon will bat a 1000, but surgeons recommended here will stand by their patients and be held accountable.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Bill