Propecia: for stopping hairloss

DONVON

I have seen posters here talk about how they need to feel in a huge gap or whatever, I'm barley thinning enough to notice. My front hair line (temples) is highish, but I don't care about that since its not noticeable.

I wouldn't mind filling in the crown. But I don't want to try something that will only work 1 year and then let me down in the dumps.

I heard (in the longest study) that Propecia works for at least 5 years and that 'results' don't wear out (unlike Rogaine).

I'm 22 years old and have (had) a horrible diet all my life. I remeber being in the 7th grade and seeing how thin my hair was, even in pictures (not THAT thin, but i could see the scalp).

I seriously don't know what to do with myself. I don't want to start Rogaine since its so time consuming for me (2x a day~!?) and smells possibly (I ordered a 6 month supply already, sadly)

I want something that will work longer than 2 years. Propecia seems like the drug for me.

Problem is I have some money, but I'm not a rich enough to spend a ton of money. I don't know where to get the proscription from either. How much would a meeting for this cost me?

:/

I have seen posters here talk about how they need to feel in a huge gap or whatever, I'm barley thinning enough to notice. My front hair line (temples) is highish, but I don't care about that since its not noticeable.

I wouldn't mind filling in the crown. But I don't want to try something that will only work 1 year and then let me down in the dumps.

I heard (in the longest study) that Propecia works for at least 5 years and that 'results' don't wear out (unlike Rogaine).

I'm 22 years old and have (had) a horrible diet all my life. I remeber being in the 7th grade and seeing how thin my hair was, even in pictures (not THAT thin, but i could see the scalp).

I seriously don't know what to do with myself. I don't want to start Rogaine since its so time consuming for me (2x a day~!?) and smells possibly (I ordered a 6 month supply already, sadly)

I want something that will work longer than 2 years. Propecia seems like the drug for me.

Problem is I have some money, but I'm not a rich enough to spend a ton of money. I don't know where to get the proscription from either. How much would a meeting for this cost me?

:/

DonVon,

Propecia typically costs around $200 for a 3 month supply. However, if you want to save money, talk to your doctor or a hair restoration physician about geting a prescription for Proscar. The only difference is you have to split the Proscar pill into quarters with a pill splitter since it contains 5 mg of finasteride instead of Propecia's 1mg.

You'll end up spending about $80 for a 4 month supply of Proscar.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

DONVON,

Althought I can't comment personally on the efficacy of Propecia or other medical therapies sold online, I wouldn've advise it. In the event that the drug is not the real deal (or just simply doesn't work), then you've wasted valuable money, and maybe even more importantly, time. Usually, the faster you get on Propecia to stabilize your loss, the better. If you waste a year waiting on an internet drug that doesn't work, then you might've lost native hair that you can't get back. I'd be pleasantly surprised, though, if anyone on this forum can verify a website that sells legit Proscar/Propecia.

Re: a dermatologist though, many offices accept walk-ins that pay out of pocket. If you can squeeze enough pennies for a visit, then maybe you can get a big prescription that'll last you 6 months or so and you don't have to keep going back to the doc.