Thinning Hair or Visible Scalp? Toppik Works!!

• Administrators

Note - This message was recopied by Pat the editor from the original discussion group to this vastly improved online community.

The name of orginal poster and the date posted are listed below:

Date: 7/6/01

Time: 1:08:15 PM

Remote Name: 24.4.252.27

Comments

I am 30 years old and my hair has been thinning out gradually in my crown area for the last several years. Being over 6'2", I have been lucky because most people cannot see unless I am seated or bent over. As of late it has become really obvious to me and has shaken my confidence. I tried Toppik hair fibers (desperate to try anything) not thinking it could work or even look good. I was amazed...It really works...nobody can even tell you have used anything...I have regained the confidence I had before I even knew I had a thinning problem. Definitely try this product!!!! You will not be sorry.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• Administrators

Note - This message was recopied by Pat the editor from the original discussion group to this vastly improved online community.

The name of orginal poster and the date posted are listed below:

Time: 1:08:15 PM

Remote Name: 24.4.252.27

Comments

I am 30 years old and my hair has been thinning out gradually in my crown area for the last several years. Being over 6'2", I have been lucky because most people cannot see unless I am seated or bent over. As of late it has become really obvious to me and has shaken my confidence. I tried Toppik hair fibers (desperate to try anything) not thinking it could work or even look good. I was amazed...It really works...nobody can even tell you have used anything...I have regained the confidence I had before I even knew I had a thinning problem. Definitely try this product!!!! You will not be sorry.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

• Administrators

Time: 6:44:24 PM

Remote Name: 64.252.66.76

Comments

I could not agree more! Toppik is a truely amazing product. I use it on the frontal portion of my scalp and nobody has ever noticed a thing! People have even run their hands through my hair and not noticed. It has definatly given me back alot of confidance. However, I am concerned that it may perpetuate hairloss. Is there any truth to this?? I think the reason that it seems that I have lost more hair since using toppik is that the difference with and without it is so drastic that when you see yourself without it, it looks like you lost more hair. Maybe, no more hair was lost, it's just that prior to using toppik, you got used to the amount of thinning you had. What do you think?? I would recommend this product to anyone with mild to moderate hairloss (thinning) and considering a HT. This will buy you some time so that you can make an more informed decision and who knows,maybe a treatment will come onto the market. Also, HT are getting better and better.

icon_wink.gif

My Hair Loss Blog

• Administrators

Date: 7/9/01

Time: 2:56:58 PM

Remote Name: 24.4.252.28

Comments

I have only been using Toppik for a few weeks, but I am still on the first large size product that they offer. They say it lasts 75 days, but I don't think it will last that long for me. I was also unsure which color to order. Incidentally, I ordered light brown. Fortunately for me it matches great. Don't forget that the company offers a no risk 30 day trial period with return of product. You could always return the product and order a different color. Even if you don't get the color matched on the first try, you will be convinced that this product has the capabilities to change your self confidence. I had my best and most trusted friend come over the first time I used it so that I could get honest help and feedback.

One last thing about color. When I first used the product and applied it, I thought I chose the wrong color. But when you follow the directions and pat in the fibers and comb your hair, it all blends in perfectly. Then, just for uniformity I apply a small amount to my whole head so that there won't ever be any doubt (I don't even think its necessary, but it works for me). If it looked bad, my best friend would have told me immediately...She is very critical...LOL.

By the way...my hair is pretty short as well. It does not matter.

I hope this helps

My Hair Loss Blog

• 3 weeks later...

I am seriously thinking about using Toppik, but, I also am concerned about it causing more hair loss. Have any studies been done? Has anyone heard any news about the effects of this product? Help!!!!

Mike - I have been using toppik for about 10 months now. I have the same concern as you have right now. I THINK toppik may have caused further hairloss in the first 2 months of using it. Since then, hairloss has pretty much halted and my hair may have thickened some. It is so hard to know however, if the toppik had anything to do with it. Even if it did, I would gladly surrender the hair that toppik may have helped me lose for the benifits that toppik has given me. It is truely amazing. I think many people (maybe myself included) think they have lost more hair from the toppik but they are just responding to the vast difference in their hair's appearance without the toppik. Once they see thamselves with the toppik,they forget what they looked like without it. They get used to it. So, when they see themselves without it, their hair may look worse to them. Even though it looked that way all along. Anyway, I think you get the point. What is the condition of your hair, your age, etc. I may be able to give you some usefull application tips(do's and don'ts) if you do decide to use it. Take Care and good luck

Thanks for responding to my concerns. I'm 35 and I have what I call the horseshoe look--I hate it. You can see my head through my hair in the typical male pattern (horseshoe). I had a transplant (2000 grafts)over the summer, most of them toward the front. When the hairs grow in, I should actually have a hairline again.

After reading your response, I think I will try Toppik--what suggestions / advice do you have? How do you apply Toppik in the hairline area? Will it look natural over the short, transplanted hair in front?

Thanks again for your help.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i got a free sample of toppik today and tried using it. i was a little dissapointed after hearing all these guys saying such good things about it. maybe i don't know how to put it on, but it doesn't really seem to be sticking to the hairs. it just makes my scalp look like i'm some homeless person who doesn't clean his head. like i got dark brown dirt in my scalp. what are you guys doing different than me? i'm not even going bald that bad, so i figured it would really help me, but my thinning areas didn't even get covered. what's up mr. toppik?

You are probably holding the shaker too close to your head. I hold the shaker 3-6 inches from my head and try to spread it evenly. Also, don't put too much on at a time. After you apply one even layer, gently pat your head, so that the fibers will fall into your hair. Then take a loose brush and brush through your hair. After that, repeat the process again until you get the look that you want. The hairline is the toughest part, so that will take some experimentation, but the rest of your head should be easy to do. You have to have about half the normal amount of hair for Toppik to work. If not, it will just look like coal on your head. Keep trying--the stuff is great!

• 1 year later...

Hello, I think I may have an answer for some of you using Toppik & think it's thinning your hair. When I started using it I would leave it in for a week or so and then washout and reapply, and when I did, I noticed lots of hairs in the shower on my hands as I washed. This led me to believe I was losing more hair. I believe that it was because I never really touched my hair while Toppik was in, so all the hairs that fall out normally would still lay on my head for a week. I noticed that when I shaved my head once and let it grow back in, I would wash my hair every day and there was little to no hair fallout even after it grew to about a half-inch (none on the pillow either), and this was all before I got on Propecia (which I did last week). I'm using it now again and wash my hair more often. I have a new job now and can afford to buy more of it. Hope this helps.

Baldness is masculine. Jason Statham would look really gay with hair.

• 4 weeks later...