When should i do that?!

Hi all

I'm 22 and I start losing my hairs since 4 years ago!

I'm always thinking about Hair Transplant and I knew that one day I have to do that.

And Unfortunately I believe that day is really close! But the problem is that I don't know anything about this operation and that's why I'm here asking for help!

Here are some questions that I'm concern about:

Is there any age limit for Hair Transplant? I mean I have to wait to lose more hair or what?

I've already try Revivogen for almost a year and I have to tell you that I can see some improvement but still not enough!

And one more thing that I should be really thing about is the price of this operation because I'm student and for sure without that much saving!

I live in Reno,NV. IS there any recommendation for a physician nearby Reno?

I really appreciate all your suggestion in advanced.

Hi all

I'm 22 and I start losing my hairs since 4 years ago!

I'm always thinking about Hair Transplant and I knew that one day I have to do that.

And Unfortunately I believe that day is really close! But the problem is that I don't know anything about this operation and that's why I'm here asking for help!

Here are some questions that I'm concern about:

Is there any age limit for Hair Transplant? I mean I have to wait to lose more hair or what?

I've already try Revivogen for almost a year and I have to tell you that I can see some improvement but still not enough!

And one more thing that I should be really thing about is the price of this operation because I'm student and for sure without that much saving!

I live in Reno,NV. IS there any recommendation for a physician nearby Reno?

I really appreciate all your suggestion in advanced.

Hey man,

I'm 22 as well, and just had my HT with Dr. Feller. There's no real age limit for a HT, but generally it's better to do it once loss is stabilized. However, if you have a conservative hair restoration plan and pick a good doctor you should be fine. Consult with a couple doctors not just one and see what they say. Best of luck.

August 12, 2008 - 3100 grafts Dr. Feller

Check out my blog - http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=876

Thanks buddy for your reply

I thought that I'm the only guy who has this problem at this age!

so you mean that i have to wait till my condition get fixed? I was wondering may be if I'll have that procedure sooner,less amount of grafts will required!

and one more thing that i don't have any idea about how many grafts i need to transplant? could i see your picture before your TM?or you think it's better if i post my scalp's picture somewhere?

dude there is no right age for undergoing HT but there is surely are right way of how to find a good HT doc. If you are in hurry then please reconsider because the probability of making a bad decision is great when one is in a hurry if you know what i mean. But having said that if you are planning to undergo HT with the ones recommended on this forum then you are in safe hands but still you need to find out the right surgeon who will fit your bill and that need a little bit of research work. First short list 4-5 surgeon according to your requirement and send them your pictures. Talk to them about your condition and your goals and listen to what they have to say. Based on that make a final call. It is big big decision and the one which promises to transform and face lift your life and the last thing you want is to be in a hurry to make such an important decision... I am not an expert and never will be but i think this is the right approach to HT .. I hope it helps

Done done.. Check out my blog..

2785 grafts by Dr. Humayun Mohammad

My Hair Loss WebLog

There are a few variables that help to determine how good of a "candidate" you are for a HT -- one of them is going to an elite doctor and clinic, above all else. Unfortunately, MPB is quite progressive (i.e. it doesn't exactly stabalize at a point in time, for you then to determine your course of action); also, we have finite donor supplies (i.e. we each only have so much hair that we can safely take and transplant).

What does this mean? It means that the quality of your donor (i.e. how much *you* happen to have, and how thick your individual hairs are), your specific loss (i.e. of what pattern, how much, at what age), and how stabalized your loss is (i.e. have you been on finasteride/propecia for a while and reacted well to it) help to paint the picture of how good (or bad) of decision it is.

Also, be well aware that you most likely will *not* have hair that is as thick or robust as it once was in your prime. This isn't to say you can't get a great looking mop, but the *true* density will likely never be met; rather, you will get true density combined with *perceived* density, which correlates to your doctors skill in making the hairs appear to be more dense that they actual are (in terms of how many hairs/area).

I got a HT at 22, I'm now 23 -- one of the best decisions I've ever made, though not an easy one.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

These guys gave you great advice. I'll confirm by saying:

1- Stabilize your hair loss by taking Finasteride daily or EOD for ONE year to check the effectiveness, you can add Rogaine to this daily regimen. Remember, once you start it's for life, if you stop you'll lose what you gained.

2- Use a good medicated shampoo, I use Revita and it does help

3- Research, research , research. Getting free consults with recommended Dr.'s is also research

4- Do not rush your decision, the more research, the more knowledge, the better the decision you'll make.

• 6 years later...