What happened

Mahair

I their anyone who has been devestated by a bad transplant that who can help me with a way to get through this horror which I am living or trying to live with . I am desparate . I did not do the homework and ended up at a hair mill to ask advice about my hairloss .I was told by the Doctor I needed 2500 grafts to get what I wanted which was full hair and thicker hair .I was a norwood 3 with thinnning in the front and receeding temples .I was told what I wanted to hear and went forward only to end up with a low hairline pits and bumps scarring to the font of my forehead below my former hairline and massive loss of hair all over and near balding to the crown area. I thought I could still function with a hat and investigated hair systems. I am now noticing that my forehead is developing deep furrows and is getting a puffy inconsistent look the area above my eyebrows are getting raised up as well.Could I have a worst case senario on my hands . I know that there is no way to judge the hair that will grow and replace the original hair I had at this point in time as it is to early but these issues are getting the best of me and need some inspiration to function .Could I reframe this I feel doomed .I don't like the prospect of this being the new me.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

I their anyone who has been devestated by a bad transplant that who can help me with a way to get through this horror which I am living or trying to live with . I am desparate . I did not do the homework and ended up at a hair mill to ask advice about my hairloss .I was told by the Doctor I needed 2500 grafts to get what I wanted which was full hair and thicker hair .I was a norwood 3 with thinnning in the front and receeding temples .I was told what I wanted to hear and went forward only to end up with a low hairline pits and bumps scarring to the font of my forehead below my former hairline and massive loss of hair all over and near balding to the crown area. I thought I could still function with a hat and investigated hair systems. I am now noticing that my forehead is developing deep furrows and is getting a puffy inconsistent look the area above my eyebrows are getting raised up as well.Could I have a worst case senario on my hands . I know that there is no way to judge the hair that will grow and replace the original hair I had at this point in time as it is to early but these issues are getting the best of me and need some inspiration to function .Could I reframe this I feel doomed .I don't like the prospect of this being the new me.

also tell us where you live. there are so many good doctors out there in different areas of the country that we can reccommend that you see for consultation & help. it happens to most of us that we have a bad ht experience before a good one (i had 3 bad ones before finding a great dr.)

Thr outfit was MHR in Wellesley . I am in trouble I cannot Sweat from my head anymore from the scarring . I need some help . This is a real disaster. I do not have a digial camera and am fighting off bills I have not been able to work much for 2 months. I was a successful business owner and have lost my capacities . The scope of the issues related to this surgery are sever. Can anyone help . The problems and issues are ligitimate. and they are saying it is the healing process and to wait a year .My concerns are not the hair they are the damage to my scalp and the fact that I was told there were no complications.There have been many My life is falling apart before my eyes.I have been Harmed.

Mahair: This is your second round of postings and you've gotten similar responses twice now. Members have suggested that you slow down, consult a reputable surgeon and post some photos. If you can't borrow a digital camera and can't scan a print from a 35mm photo, you can go to a passport photo shop that uses digital photography. Ask for a copy of your photos on a disc. I did this myself before I had a digital camera. Get out the yellow pages and make a few calls. It's neither difficult nor costly.

Even though you've denied it, the language you are using sounds like you are preparing a lawsuit. But, even a successful lawsuit will not correct any damage done to you. There is a wealth of experience among the members here. You are not making good use of that experience. Members have had experiences ranging from excellent to disastrous. There is no point in posting here if you absolutely ignore all of the suggestions you are given.

I must admit that early on, a little voice inside began to tell me that there might be something disingenuous about your posts. Your imperviousness to differing perspectives and helpful suggestions is impossible to ignore. You don't sound like the typical "bad surgery" victim. You consistently reject options for relief. Normally, victims of bad surgery will leave no stone unturned in looking for ways to improve their situation. You seem determined to thwart every legitimate effort to direct you toward help.

Assuming that you are on the level, you must start listening to the sound advice you are being given. Sometimes we jokingly suggest that posters need medication. However, I'm being completely serious in strongly advising you to seek consultation with a psychiatrist or a psychologist. This is not because I think your problems with the surgery are not real. I don't know what the real deal is with your results. Whether the problems with the surgery results are real or not, the erosion of your ability to function in your daily life needs to be haulted and reversed as quickly as possible. The longer this goes on, the longer it will take to reverse the decline you're describing. If you have real problems with the surgery results, falling apart will only make you less able to address the problems with your results. One thing is clear. At the moment, you are not helping yourself. There is nothing any of us can do or say that will help if you don't make a decision to make use of the advise being offered. Frankly, it is easy to imagine a surgeon cutting-off communication with you, given your tenacious rejection of advice.

So Mahair, do you really want help?

Paul

I can appreciate what you are saying and have listened to the advises of the posters and appreciate what they have said to aleiviate my anxiety. But let it be know that I was a N/W3 with receeding temples and came out a 5 at least with scarring and just plain mess for skin and as far as the hair goes in a year ill see what suprises that will hold for me ,there is nothing disingenuous or embelished that has gone on if telling what has happened sounds like a law suit maybe I have cause.I have indeed been to several doctors since .The dermatologist has given me the option of dermabrasion for the nice Fibrosis scar but does not advise and i would have to wait have the hairs lasered first, after that I could go to one of the well known doctors on the west coast for a brow lift to hide or raise my hairline to a normal point.The recommended Dr. that i went to said the number of grafts used for what I needed was overkill , 300-500 would have been more than enough.Its no wonder the surgeon does not want to engage I'll bet most people on this forum would have ripped him up.He is being taken to task and does not like it because He knows of his improprieties and the damage he has caused his best patients are the uninformed.he ones that go for 2500 grafts for some thinning hair.

[This message was edited by Mahair on August 05, 2003 at 05:00 PM.]

I think I know what the problem is. Your receding area was small, youre only a NW3, and youre saying he used way more grafts. What 2-3K? Sounds like he planeted them into your existing hair to plan for future loss, that way when you continue to recede you'll still have transplanted hair that wont go anywhere. Every doc ive talked to say they transplant INTo existing hair. We all know this causes shock loss.

I can imagine how you must feel miserable, going from a passable NW3 to a guuy with very little hair on top of his head! It will probably grow back but you'll have to wait a year. . .

The only way for anyone here to tell if something was done wrong is if you take some pics and post them. Unless you post some pics, im not going to respond to this thread again and help build the drama. Post your pics, before and after and then we can make a better decision about what you should do.

I read your other thread and it sounded to me like maybe you should get on some meds to help with the short term anxiety and life disruption youre feeling. Have you sceduled an appoint with a MHCP?

Anyway, unless you post some pics, theres nothing more I can say. The problem is either IN your head or ON your head. I just dont have enough information.

Mahair,

Your story is certainly compelling, however if a lawsuit is in your future, I believe you should find one of Arfy's posts on the likeliness of succeeding. It's an unfortunate reality that most HT lawsuits do not succeed. I still think you have to give your HT a year to really judge it properly. Your at a real bad time in the HT process right now (approx < 3 months if I recall), your shock loss sounds severe, your hairline may have been lowered too much, but you need to wait. I always read your posts because in my opinion your tone will eventually become more positive as your shocked hair returns and the HT softens. I will keep reading, and waiting for that transition and I really believe it will happen. I'm not saying at all that you'll have good HT results, I'm just saying that your current look should get better when post-HT effects abate.

Good luck, keep us informed, and please be a little more patient.

Manko

It's not impossible for a succesful lawsuit against your hair transplant surgeon, but then again it is not all that common. I have heard of a class-action suit against NuHart and rumors of a settlement or two with individual doctors. I'm sure there are more settlements, that do not get disclosed to the public. The best thing is to consult an attorney, if you are absolutely certain that you have been harmed. There are attorneys who specialize in medical issues... try to find one who is competent the same way you would research hair transplant surgeons, and choose someone who is known for excellence.

You might consider suing on the basis of false advertising or false claims, if the clinic didn't deliver on advertised promises. I think it might be harder to win a malpractice lawsuit, unless your clinic is really incompetent (and didn't just do a bad job, but really made mistakes).