I Have DECIDED! Thank You

Emerald

Hello my friends,

Alright, I am a Norwood 3/4 and have finally decided to JUST DO IT! I believe it's ENOUGH with the research and time to take some action.

I have asked many questions from doctors, patients, and also others that have not done anything about their baldness. I have tried to answer many questions for myself to determine whether I REALLY need this, and will it actually make a DIFFERENCE in my life and what about the way others would perceive me afterwards. I have tried to hunt down and see few results, and have thought about the short

and long term worst case scenarios (which seem to be recoverable and minimal chance of happening in good hands). I have chosen one of the best doctors possible and willing to dish out the costs. Although one cannot forsee the future and it's tough to be 100% sure of the decision in this case (where I may still get bogged down with those 5% distractional comments like "just accept it man", "so what", "sell yourself the way you are", etc) but I think I have made the right decision to deal with this PROBLEM at this time and will deal with the unforseen consequenses.

Thank you my friends for your well thought inputs/advices. I intend to pay back by sharing with you my honest opinion throughout this journey as I progress.

Emerald (soon to take the chair!)

Hello my friends,

Alright, I am a Norwood 3/4 and have finally decided to JUST DO IT! I believe it's ENOUGH with the research and time to take some action.

I have asked many questions from doctors, patients, and also others that have not done anything about their baldness. I have tried to answer many questions for myself to determine whether I REALLY need this, and will it actually make a DIFFERENCE in my life and what about the way others would perceive me afterwards. I have tried to hunt down and see few results, and have thought about the short

and long term worst case scenarios (which seem to be recoverable and minimal chance of happening in good hands). I have chosen one of the best doctors possible and willing to dish out the costs. Although one cannot forsee the future and it's tough to be 100% sure of the decision in this case (where I may still get bogged down with those 5% distractional comments like "just accept it man", "so what", "sell yourself the way you are", etc) but I think I have made the right decision to deal with this PROBLEM at this time and will deal with the unforseen consequenses.

Thank you my friends for your well thought inputs/advices. I intend to pay back by sharing with you my honest opinion throughout this journey as I progress.

Emerald (soon to take the chair!)

you sound like me!

I though had a bit of luck...I was convinced that no matter how good the ht, it would be detectable

but then I went visiting a friend of mine who had his surgery years ago, and it was totally undetectable.

he told me;

hey, do it, it's time and you're not going to enjoy it more then you will today.

that made up my mind, I went to see his doctor who was quite substantial, but then did some internet research and found that there were better choices.

I went to the person that my research told me was the best...I lucked out, he was just minutes from where I lived.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU~!

Emerald,

Please, let me sit back in my seat now, to whom are you entrusting this most important decision to( that is if you don't mind disclosing this at this time). Your completely right about that nagging feeling that you always have or assume you'll get, when someone is going to make that a dreaded comment to you with a full head of hair. I congratulate your stead fastness in doing something about your situation. I still can't speak from experience about a new procedure, but with the advancements in this field, I think that you can rest assured your in your decision. Bonzo

I hear ya Emerald!

You get to the point where it's time to either fish or cut bait. I waited years (NW6) before I finally had my HT last November.

Much of that time was spent trying to understand my predicament in a rational and logical manner:

- Perhaps the hairloss will stabilize at some point.

- What will other people think if they knew I had a HT?

- Maybe I would/could learn to accept it-do the whole buzzcut and goatee thing. Or maybe do the ponytail - grow it long because I could! Nah - I didn't think so either.

In spite of my efforts, I wasn't able to rationalize it or stop comparing my hair to other guys my age. I realized that I'd never find a logical explanation because to me, hairloss was an emotional issue.

When I came to this realization, it didn't take long for me to say: SCREW IT - I'M GETTING THIS THING DONE!

Although most of us aren't conditioned this way, sometimes you just need to do something for yourself. I was wasting far too much time thinking about my hairloss and I feel like my HT was the first step in finally getting the situation under control and hopefully achieving a comfort level where I can simply stop focusing on it incessantly.

Best of luck to you.

FS

It's not a matter of what other blokes who stay bald think or feel; it's how I feel that counts. I personally feel that I've a lot more confidence than guys I see who are bald, but that was always the case; I've always had good self-confidence.

Getting my hair back has given me an enormous thrill. My self-esteem has gone up. I LIKE what I see in the mirror now ( well, pretty much.. icon_razz.gif )

It was the best decision I made, even though the result's not "as good as new" it's taken 10 years off my looks. I look at bald blokes way younger than me with something like pity ( sorry if that sounds arrogant ) but I realise that's how I used to look, and I really am pitying my pre-HT self.

( Eat at The Samba Brazilian Steakhouse - 1122 Alberni St in downtown Vancouver - all you can eat top notch food for about $8 USD - Yummy )

Hey Kez, thanks alot man. The more I hear these kind of statements, the higher my reassurance of the decision.

I will definitely try the Samba Brazilian Steakhouse; I have had the best steaks ever in Rio.

Regards.