Anthony Hopkins

Anthony Hopkins must have had some FUE work done. He has a hairloss pattern of a NW6-7 but still has a decently outlined hailine. This is not typical in a normal hairloss pattern but his hair does indeed look natural.

Any word on who did his work?

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Anthony Hopkins must have had some FUE work done. He has a hairloss pattern of a NW6-7 but still has a decently outlined hailine. This is not typical in a normal hairloss pattern but his hair does indeed look natural.

Any word on who did his work?

NN

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I never thought about that one before. He does seem to have a lot of different looks in his many roles over the years, although he seems to specialize in playing sinister characters. I guess I always attributed it to the makeup and possibly hairsystems worn for different roles. As a matter of fact I just saw him in a preview tonight for an upcoming movie and he was unrecognizable except for his distinctive voice. So it's hard to tell what is really him and what is done for the part.

Phil

Ofcourse with actors it is always hard to assess because many times they will wear a hairpiece or have hair "added" just for the specific role that they are in. I think that Anthony Hopkins has had work done because he always has a hairline yet very sparse everywhere and his crown looks like that of a NW6-7. Even in Silence of the Lambs he had his hair slicked back and nothing in mid to crown area. If indeed he did have a HT it is very age appropriate and natural.

NN

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Hi

I think he wears a wig in his films

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Nervous Nelly,

I concur that your assessment is right on target. The last time I remember seeing him outside of his movies was one of the awards shows. Gwineth Paltrow paid tribute to him subsequent to the movie they were in together where he played a mathematician or scientist. His hair was very white, close cropped, and yes he did have the bald spot in the crown.

Like all of us, his appearance has changed with age. He's been around for decades and it's been at least 15 years since the original "Silence of the Lambs". He must be in his 70's now.

Phil