Some questions for new comer

Hi,

I have a couple questions:

1. Can I get an estimation about the amount that I have to be ready to spend if I want to do about a 2000 grafts in Dr. Wong and Hasson? how about 3000 grafts?

2. How long does it take to look "normal" again, because I cannot take a really long vacation from my job and I need to meet clients.

Hi,

I have a couple questions:

1. Can I get an estimation about the amount that I have to be ready to spend if I want to do about a 2000 grafts in Dr. Wong and Hasson? how about 3000 grafts?

2. How long does it take to look "normal" again, because I cannot take a really long vacation from my job and I need to meet clients.

Guest youngguy24

Hi Jors23,

1. From what I remember Hasson and Wong charges $4.50 for the first 2000 grafts and then $2.50 for each graft after 2000. Those prices are in American dollars and not Canadian.

2. If your hair is long enough in the back to cover the donor area I would think you would look normal after about 10 to 14 days if not less. Since I haven't been through a transplant yet I'm not the best person to answer this question.

Depends on your point of view..........

I don't think it's 2-3 months before someone can't tell you've gotten a HT.................just 2-3 months before your hair grows out to a "decent" length.

H&W likes to clip down the recipient area for your benefit. You can do some searching on this site and find out why. As for the scar, I don't think it takes longer to heal with staples versus sutures.

I went through the same thing. I work in a professional environment and was only able to take off 12 days in a row. Could my co-workers tell I had a "burr-looking" haircut when I came back.....Yes. Could they tell I had a HT.....No way. Short hair, yes, but I strategically clipped around the scar and you could not see it unless up very close (too close) and knew what you were looking for.

Yes..................you'll look "different" for awhile, but you don't have to tell everyone it was because you got a HT..........tell'em you got hit by a low flying plane, got your summer haircut........whatever. Blow it off, people will react based on your own personal reaction. If you don't care, they won't either.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hi

The item of concern is " will people notice?". If they shave your recep. area of course they will notice unless you get a month off or so.. This is the reason I choose a doctor which doesn't require me to shave my head. I have gone back to work within 10 days both times 1450 or so Ht's and cover the work with Dermatch.. I leave my donor area long enough to cover the stitches..

It's that simple

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Agreed, Mrjb.

Also, if you're only filling in a receding hairline area and don't need to shave the recipient area (because there's no hair to shave!), then you should be able to be be back to work in as little as 4-5 days. I was able to use my existing hair to cover up the recipient receding hairline area. No one could tell, as far as I know.