Trying

Mahair

I have been having such a hard time coping with the problems that were created by having gone forward with the transplant that I received and the deception which was played upon me that resulted in me doing it in the first place. I am wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and how they were able to move on and try to get some kind of life back.It is the worst thing that has ever been done to me and the more I learn the more I am haunted by it.I can only hope that somehow I can learn to live under a hat and find someone who can help with at least a few of the problems that have been created by it.I think the worst part about this whole mess is that I was in the early stage of hairloss and ended up with one of the worst transplants possible.The Doctor was just an opertunist and and overt liar. I wish I had known more about the mechanics of what a hair transplant was and didn't rely on his assurances or his ethics as much as I did. As a result I will have alot of problems which have in fact caused me imeasurable pain and suffering emotionally and physically. How does this guy sleep at night? I will have to take a road trip this October to see if some of the harm done to me can be improved,of course I know most cannot.And I wonder if I will ever be freed from a wearing a hat.Has anyone else been deceived and butchered by the unethical practices of MHR?

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

I have been having such a hard time coping with the problems that were created by having gone forward with the transplant that I received and the deception which was played upon me that resulted in me doing it in the first place. I am wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and how they were able to move on and try to get some kind of life back.It is the worst thing that has ever been done to me and the more I learn the more I am haunted by it.I can only hope that somehow I can learn to live under a hat and find someone who can help with at least a few of the problems that have been created by it.I think the worst part about this whole mess is that I was in the early stage of hairloss and ended up with one of the worst transplants possible.The Doctor was just an opertunist and and overt liar. I wish I had known more about the mechanics of what a hair transplant was and didn't rely on his assurances or his ethics as much as I did. As a result I will have alot of problems which have in fact caused me imeasurable pain and suffering emotionally and physically. How does this guy sleep at night? I will have to take a road trip this October to see if some of the harm done to me can be improved,of course I know most cannot.And I wonder if I will ever be freed from a wearing a hat.Has anyone else been deceived and butchered by the unethical practices of MHR?

I feel for you. Just how bad was the transplant? Can you give more details...which part of the transplant did you feel was unsuccessful? Are you not satify with the density or just most of the hair transplanted did not grow out or just some other reasons. Too be honest, I almost considered MHR also. At least tell the others the bad side of MHR transplant practice so that others would not be tricked by MHR. As for your situation, I would suggest you to go to another doctor; a better one of course. Just safe enough money and have it fixed...i understand its a long process and you have to be prepared for the long road ahead...just don't give up now...hang in there!!!

I think the biggest problem I have is that I just started loosing my hair and went in for advise about what my options were. The consultant professed his honesty to me and told me that nothing worked other than a hairtransplant.The only thing I knew at that point was that microscopes needed to be used.He even told me that they used them . He told me that the Doctor was the best there was and did repair work on everyone elses mistakes and even did eyelashes.I asked if this was a one time expense and he said it was the only transplant I would ever need.All of these were lies. He said it looked like I needed 1500 grafts but didn't know were the doctor would put them all.He asked if I would like to see the Doctor I told him that I would the doctor came in and said I needed 2,500 grafts to get "great results"that it would blend in nicely with the hair I had and they would keep the grafts above my hairline.On the lies they told me I went and had it done.After I did I noticed that I began to thin out rapidly and that my hairline had been lowered about an inch and was bumpy . I went in and they pretended they did not see the bumps I had or notice any thinning . I began to wonder and asked to see the microscopes they showed me the cutting station guess what no micro scopes . The consultant Mr. Honesty piped in and said see microthingies.I realized that they had deceived me I asked the doctor about if he used folicular units like he had told me and he said yes they did. I left distraught and hoped it would not be so bad . My hair continued to thin and the new three hair groups began to emerge from the bumps and pits in my new hairline that had been lowered and I was now almost bald to my crown. I saw the doctor again and this time he had their lawyer on conference call he began to dominate the conversation and misrepresent what was happening . I called the Doctor a bold face liar and he left the room because I guess all butchers are really sensitive. Their lawyer asked me what I wanted. I really didn't know what I wanted I certainly didn't want that hack doing any repairs and furthering the damage he had done. So I left. Days later I received a letter from them denying any misrepresentation on their part at all and that I was informed of potential consequences of having it done.when in actuality they went so far as to say there were none The other things to note are that I was told the area was going to be small from the donor area 7or 8 inches by 1/4 inch and would be undetectable and pencil line thin. they cut me ear to ear and left me with permenant nerve damage. I have a scalp contition now ,dry and flaking because I can no longer sweat from my head I feel it was a gross deception and they played dumb when confronted by the truth. They are responsible for causing me great torment to me and ruining my joy of life I had just begun to get my life in order and I thought I was giving myself a reward. I am in the midst of trying to hold my business together and trying not to loose what I have. I just got back from the hospital and am hoping I don't get so low that I can't go on. I need all the support I can get and regret beleiving that a Doctor would only do what was in the best interest of a patient. I voiced my concerns to he and the consultant about problems or complications and felt a like a baby that I had asked so many times. here are a few of the spins. The only complications are donor hair and money, the only complication is more hair and there are none.My life has been turned upside down by these craven deceitful bast@rds and I hope they get theirs. I am going forward with a law suite regardless of what they say and the truth I hope will prevail.I am still loosing the hair I had and and have lost more than just that.Anyone else should speak out as well or get in touch with me to and join in. Ruining peoples lives and taking advantage of their beleif in doctors should not go on.

It's illegal for a salesman to examine you, make medical diagnoses, and recommend a surgery, a certain number of grafts etc. It's called the practice of medicine by a non-physician. Only a doctor can legally recommend surgery or discuss a surgical plan of action. So that is one angle to pursue. This clinic has probably broken the law in dealing with you, from day one.

I've heard it is sometimes hard to win a cosmetic surgery malpractice lawsuit, unless they totally screw you up. In the past, you couldn't win a malpractice lawsuit just because you don't look so good. However, maybe the climate is changing in that regard. Discuss this with your lawyer. Since you have suffered loss of sensation, it sounds like they may have made their incisions too deep.

You might consider going after them for making false claims, making promises they didn't keep, lying to you, etc, rather than a straight malpractice lawsuit. Keep records of everything that was said, start making notes on who said what, when etc. Keep a sort of running diary on your experience there, and save every bit of corrspondance and advertising from them. If it is legal in your state, record any phone conversations you have with them.

Most of all, find an ass-kicking lawyer who won't charge you unless you win, someone who has experience with medical fraud lawsuits. Pick a lawyer who has a winning track record, and an interest in protecting the public.

It's a good idea to contact the State Medical Board to complain, but filing lawsuits may be the only way to actually get these clinics to clean up their act.

Mahair,

As I had mentioned in the past, I've been reading all your posts, and I wondered where you went for a few weeks there. Obviously you're still distraught about your procedure, but you really have to at least believe that there is still hope. Even if this HT turns out poorly, try to cope with the next 7-10 months of letting yourself growout and heal, and then make the appointment to get a revision with a great doc. Jotronic is certainly one of the best examples of someone who restored a very normal looking head of hair after having been dealt a few real bad procedures. You just have to manage the next short period of time, and in the big picture of a long life this will just hopefully be a bad experience when you look back in 5 years. Out of curiosity, have you visited a top doc to see what they think about a future repair job, or what they think of your current procedure. I believe you're in the northeast, why don't you try to come to NY for the ISHRS (??) meeting on October 15th (??). I'm not sure if it's only open to docs, but if not I would look into making the trip.

I really wish you the best with your lawsuit, and certainly bad docs should be punished.

Good luck.

Manko