I CANT BELIEVE WHAT I SAW TODAY!!!!!!

Guys,

There is alot of discussion on here about who's the best and who's the worst, who to go to and who to stay away from, so this may come as a surprise to most as it was EXTREMLY surpising to me. I was out tonight for my b-day and the discussion of HT's was brought up by myself to a group of my friend's. I guess im trying to soften the blow for later! I was floored when a friend of mine told me that he had gotten a HT done back in 2003. Now this friend of mine has to me what looks like a great head of hair. So when i ask him who did his procedure he tells me it was a doctor w/ MHR in Beverly Massachusetts. I guess what im getting at is that as much as we dog the big hair chains it comes down to the individual doctor and thier skills. This is the 1st ht i've seen in person and i really was impressed. With the experience ive had with the big hair chains i would never go to one of these places but its good to know that there are some docs who work for these companies who have some skill and morals!

Guys,

There is alot of discussion on here about who's the best and who's the worst, who to go to and who to stay away from, so this may come as a surprise to most as it was EXTREMLY surpising to me. I was out tonight for my b-day and the discussion of HT's was brought up by myself to a group of my friend's. I guess im trying to soften the blow for later! I was floored when a friend of mine told me that he had gotten a HT done back in 2003. Now this friend of mine has to me what looks like a great head of hair. So when i ask him who did his procedure he tells me it was a doctor w/ MHR in Beverly Massachusetts. I guess what im getting at is that as much as we dog the big hair chains it comes down to the individual doctor and thier skills. This is the 1st ht i've seen in person and i really was impressed. With the experience ive had with the big hair chains i would never go to one of these places but its good to know that there are some docs who work for these companies who have some skill and morals!

Originally posted by dakota3:

Guys,

That's great for him! I'm sure they've got great docs who for whatever reason, don't have or want their own clinic. But, if there's say, a 30% chance I'll get a bad doc, then no thanks.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Dewayne,

I absolutley agree w/ you! Im not willing to take that chance again. Especially after my Bosley blunder. I just thought it was a little ironic when he told me it was MHR that did it.My inspiration came from seeing a HT patient in person and seeing what a good one can look like. I never would have guessed this friend of mine had one. It gives me hope!

You also need to know the extent of his hair loss. If he was a NW 2 or 3 and just had the temples filled in it would probably be hard to mess that up. If he was above a NW4 then that would be a good sign.

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

Dr. Epstein August 4, 2008

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

364 three and four hair grafts

4262 Total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro November 18, 2009

1896 grafts

760 one hair grafts

852 two hair grafts

288 three hair grafts

46 four hair grafts

3362 total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro July 1, 2011

1191 grafts

447 one hair grafts

580 two hair grafts

150 three hair grafts

14 four hair grafts

2113 total hair count

Hello this is my first blog. I am interested in HT however I am skeptical of some of the results and Drs. I came across the Bosley website and infomercials. I also read some comments people made of them like the one Dakota made referring to them as the "Bosley Blunder". I am looking for a reputable Dr. with real results. How do I go about this? And are the Bosley Drs. all a scam and marketing? Or can some be legit? Can anyone help? I am interested in the surgery but just don't want to have to do the procedure more than once because a dr. messed up! I am 33 years old from New Jersey.

THanks

Check the "Find a Surgeon" tab above. There are serveral world class surgeons in your area.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

No doubt

There are some good non coalition surgeons out there.. No doctor owns the technology but why risk going to a doc in question or unknown?Icannot understand why anyone ( not you specifically) would risk going to a doc outside when there are soo many great success stories here.. One place where you do not want to bargin is at the HT office icon_smile.gif

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!