9 days after Dr Feller Transplant

John M

This is a partial view of the donor scar and the recipient area after having about a 3200 graft transplant with Dr Feller. I'm not going to make a comment; i'm curious on what you guys have to say. Those larger scabs are from an infection that had pus under the skin that was drained with shampooing with GraftCyte. I was concerned about losing the grafts there, but I do see hairs poking through the scabs. Tomorrow I have to see Dr Feller to remove the staples. Did anyone have a sore scalp after their procedure where no grafts were placed? Right above my donor scar up to the crown area is sore, and some hair shed after the 2nd day. Still some sheds, but not as much, but the scalp in that area is still sore. Anyone experience this? By the way, I was not totally bald in that whole area. A lot was shaved, and grafts were placed in that area as well as reconstructing my hairline. Here are the pic links:

hair1.jpg

hair2.jpg

This is a partial view of the donor scar and the recipient area after having about a 3200 graft transplant with Dr Feller. I'm not going to make a comment; i'm curious on what you guys have to say. Those larger scabs are from an infection that had pus under the skin that was drained with shampooing with GraftCyte. I was concerned about losing the grafts there, but I do see hairs poking through the scabs. Tomorrow I have to see Dr Feller to remove the staples. Did anyone have a sore scalp after their procedure where no grafts were placed? Right above my donor scar up to the crown area is sore, and some hair shed after the 2nd day. Still some sheds, but not as much, but the scalp in that area is still sore. Anyone experience this? By the way, I was not totally bald in that whole area. A lot was shaved, and grafts were placed in that area as well as reconstructing my hairline. Here are the pic links:

hair1.jpg

hair2.jpg

John,

Congratulations for selecting a first-rate hair restoration physician for your hair transplant surgery.

Without preoperative photos it will be impossible to predict the density of your surgery, but assuming you had no pre-existing hair, 3200 grafts in the frontal half should certainly give you a good cosmetic improvement.

I hope you'll take some time to post some pre-operative photos and that you will keep us posted on your progress.

Thank you also for creating a hair loss weblog.

Best wishes,

Bill

Dr. Feller,

The links weren't working because they weren't formatted correctly.

The URL tags don't support spaces. Neither do web browsers actually, but they now convert a space to a "%20" which is the way around supporting spaces. I fixed the links to include this.

The second link didn't work because of the spacing and the misprint of the word "images".

Nonetheless, it is fixed icon_smile.gif

Bill

Thanks Bill, hopefully the growth will be as good as the healing! This is a last pic from today to show all the scabbing and redness gone. That one dot is a mole that I had all my life. Hopefully this will be the last few months that i'll see it! This will be the last pic in a few months as i'm sure nothing new will be happening at least until 3 months. A few more graft hairs fell today, maybe 10-15. Hopefully the minoxidil and propecia will help most to stay in (yea, right).

DSCF1517.JPG.bbed06f790f3514df7d696c08c840655.JPG