Propecia help please

Can anyone post how long it was before they noticed hair loss stopping once they started taking Propecia? I am very curious. Do you also find that Propecia let you keep all the hair that you had on the day you started taking it? I would really like to hear from some Propecia verterans. Please help. thanks in advance!

Can anyone post how long it was before they noticed hair loss stopping once they started taking Propecia? I am very curious. Do you also find that Propecia let you keep all the hair that you had on the day you started taking it? I would really like to hear from some Propecia verterans. Please help. thanks in advance!

MJ,

I remember having what seemed like some initial crown area shedding once I 1st started using Propecia, it seemed like a negative, however after appx 6 months I remember feeling new "stubble" in my crown area, and ultimately the stubble became regular growing hair and seemed just a bit denser. The big news is that this hair has remained and overall my hair-loss has completely stopped (after one full year). My hopes and expectations were to stop the loss, and I am satisfied it has, I did not notice any "big" improvements in new growth only very subtle improvements....I thought I should respond to your post since I do remember a few months of initial shedding, overall I am very happy I started Propecia therapy when I did, I could have lost more. BTW I do not use Rogaine, this is not in any way an opinion against it, but helps isolate my Propecia experience. I rememeber my Doc said give it at a min 6-12 months to work and then evaluate........Good Luck !!

P.S.: excluding a successful Hair transplant, Propecia is (in my opinion) the best treatment option at this time.