HT Advice

Has anyone had a transplant performed by Dr. Keene in Tucson, AZ? If so, can you please share your experience with me. I am considering Dr. Keene to perform my surgery this summer.

Thanks

Rich13 icon_smile.gif

Has anyone had a transplant performed by Dr. Keene in Tucson, AZ? If so, can you please share your experience with me. I am considering Dr. Keene to perform my surgery this summer.

Thanks

Rich13 icon_smile.gif

Gary,

How many FU's did you have performed? What class are you and were your expectations satisfied by the doctor?

What did you like best about Dr. Keene. Did you research other doctors? Why did you select her, I'm curious.

Thanks

Rich13

Rich13 -

I had 1641 grafts, and a total of 3149 hairs. I would say that I am a class 6, and I had previous plug grafts many years ago. I was hoping to get thin coverage on top and obscure the old grafts. I am 9 months post-op and I would say that the results far exceeded my expectations. I did a lot of research on the internet (that's how I found this site) before I talked to any doctors. I chose Dr. Keene primarily because of the positive reviews I got from several of her patients, and my consultation with her went very well. Other factors - her staff was very helpful in answering questions, she only does FUs, she only does one surgery per day, she uses a double closure on the donor area (inner and outer), she is a former trauma surgeon, she was doing surgery at Dr. Shapiro's clinic one week per month (no, I didn't go there), and her prices are reasonable. It is very unusual for me to make a decision without extensive research, but in this case everything clicked so well I just went with it, and I don't regret my decision. I briefly researched other doctors, but didn't get any farther than some phone calls and emails. This is a very personal decision and there is more than one doctor doing quality work out there, so I'd advise talking to several patients of each doctor you are considering (meet them in person if you can) and going for a consultation with each one before you decide for yourself. Let me know if you have any other questions.

-- Gary

Gary,

Just curious....are you planning on having anymore FU's in the future??

My situation sounds very similar to yours. Norwood 6 with previous plugs and my priority was to cover the plugs with FU's and get some additional natural looking coverage. Only I had 2800 FU's by Dr. Harris in Denver. I'm only 10 weeks post op so I'm not seeing much growth yet.

But you said the results were better than expected. Is the coverage you have sufficient for your needs??

Thanx

-midnite

midnite,

Yes, I'm planning an having another surgery, hopefully this summer. I have thin coverage over most of the top, which is fine for me, but I'll get more if I can. You should be really impressed when your 2800 grafts start sprouting real soon.

-- Gary

Rich,

I also had work done by Dr. Keene. She does FANTASTIC work and is very professional. She described the procedure, recovery, and expected results to me with total honesty. Everything went exactly as she said. Dr. Keene is a top-notch surgeon. Good luck.

Don & Gary THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR INPUT. I will be meeting with Dr. Keene on 4/25. I am a class 6, and being a class 6 my main concern is supply and demand. I have been told by other doctors that they can harvest a total of 3000-3500 FU's and I would really like to know just how much coverage and density I will be able to obtain.

I look forward to meeting Dr. keene, I have been doing some reseach and have heard very positive and professional responses.

• 3 weeks later...

hi rich,

this is rob from yuma,az. i am 7.5 mos. post op with dr. keene also. i had 2000 f/u's transplanted. she is all they say. Very good! the 2000 she did for me have really improved my looks. all i have to do is think back to how i was before last sept., and then i realize just how much it changed me positively. i really enjoy shampooing my hair now because i can feel all that new hair under my fingertips. if i can save up, i may go back and get alittle more just to fine tune the front, but i am very happy. just do waht she says, and be prepared for the infamous "long wait". then you will see them popping up like crazy. i am a very fussy, nit-picky, semi-perfectionist, drive my wife crazy kind of guy, and i say dr. keene is the key to your goal! you can stay at the motel one block from her office too, its a handy location, and they gave me a medical discount per her. you won't go wrong here.i wish i could have done this years earlier, but i finally dove in, and i'm happy i did. if you have any specific questions i'm at: robztoy@webtv.net

i will answer truthfully.

this is one of those rare things, that really change your life.

take care, rob

Price,

this is rob, in yuma az. i got 2000 F/U's transplanted in sept of 2001 with dr. keene. she did a graet job. i don't hesitate in recommending her to you. per her 2001 fee schedule, i paid $7,200. sounds like alot, until you stop to think it is probably to only real big thing you have given to yourself in a long long time. it is worth the money in what it does for you mentally. its like the " toyota feeling", where the guy jumps in the air. i advise you to get the most f/u's you can. after the procedure follow her instructions to the T, then be patient, very patient. just about them time i had stopped thinking about mine, they started coming up all over.

take care, rob

Rob,

Thanks for the 411. That's really sounds like a very good price for what was done. Especially, compared to where I live and the quallty of the procedure. Neo