HT done this week

rafael

hello everyone, i am new here and have been reading alot of the topics and really think it if great and has helped me a lot,, wish i had seen this before i did the ht,, but its done, i had 2030 graphs done which is what the doc recoemended and i hope he is right lol had it done on the 12 feb monday, and this is my 5th day, so far i still have the littls hairs sticking up and it looks like its dry, i have take pics whick once i get the hang of this i will post them, i am really excited and i have not had ANY pain what so ever, only took pain pills for 2 night , not that i felt it but just to prevent it cuase i didnt know what to expect, will be in touch,,

rafael

hello everyone, i am new here and have been reading alot of the topics and really think it if great and has helped me a lot,, wish i had seen this before i did the ht,, but its done, i had 2030 graphs done which is what the doc recoemended and i hope he is right lol had it done on the 12 feb monday, and this is my 5th day, so far i still have the littls hairs sticking up and it looks like its dry, i have take pics whick once i get the hang of this i will post them, i am really excited and i have not had ANY pain what so ever, only took pain pills for 2 night , not that i felt it but just to prevent it cuase i didnt know what to expect, will be in touch,,

rafael

actually yes, i had the top of my nosebridge i would call it the unibrow area swell, the 3rd day, it was wierd it was so sudden,, it is less now, but yesterday i still looked like what my kid said someguy in a startrek movie,, other than than no other swelling so far so good,

Rafael,

Welcome to the forums and congrats once again. I hope you'll consider posting your photos for us under the photos section. You can do this by going to the photos section and selecting "New" and "photo album" and follow through the wizard. A few questions:

1. How old are you?

2. Where are you on the norwood level?

3. Who was your doctor?

Bill

hi there, i am 46 yrs old and i would say i am a class 4A i actully went to one doctor first and he wanted to start my hairline way on top of my hair with receding temples i said what, , why, he said cuase of my age it would look more natural , hell thats where it was when i started using a hair piece lol,, and he wanted to add only 600 graphs,, so it pays to get more info, and check up other doctors,, the doctor i used was awsome, dr gregory s keller from LOS ANGELES, and has his office here in santa barbra california too, which is where i live, the plan was 1500 to 2000 and ended up with 2030 lets see if i can get a foto here

0212071024.jpg.f79416aa03b2b308b75fdf17802cc7ef.jpg

the cost for my ht was 6500 bucks seems like a lot, but compared to 5000 for only 6oo from the fist doc, i thought it was cool, and again it is more expensive here in santa barbara, hell everything is, lol, but oh well,, as for the experience you know i was more nervous and scared with a root canal, i guess cuase the dentist said i needed to have it when i didnt want it, but since i wanted the ht, i was actually not scared , i was excited , the needles well they pinched and i found that the 2 they gave me abouve each eye brow were the worst,, but still less painfull then a dentist shot i thought, then it was actually pretty interesting , you feel the tugging on the back of the head but no pain, i heard some crunching must have been the hair lol but it was cool no pain, and the rest of the day, just layed there while the ladies put in the hair, was in at 7 am was out at 3:30 mostly cuase it took a while for them to devide the hairs,, but all was a good experience , i would recomend it to everyone, well at least for right now, i will see in a yrs time what results i get, and if i feel i may need more density, i wouldnt think twice about it, i would go for it agian in a heart beat

it is called kellers facial plastic surgery and laser center 924 westwood blv suite 515 los angeles ca 90024 (800) 423-8627 310 231-7544 or in santa barbara where i had it done 221 w. pueblo steet suite A santa barbara ca 93108 (805) 687-6408

Rafael,

I've added my questions to you and feedback on your photos site. Go check it out.

FYI: $6500 for 2000 grafts is actually very cheap. Most doctors charge $4+ per graft up to 2000 grafts, so that would have been $8000 in other clinics. BUT...price should be the last of anyone's concern when finding a hair transplant doctor. I'd rather spend more money on a quality job than less money on something I have to go back and repair. That's a general statement of course...so don't take it personal. For my feedback, see your other thread.

Bill

i have seen some other pics of people and i do see that the way my hair line was done seems a bit odd, but i am crossing my fingers,, i do know that i will not have the density i may have wanted, but this is my first step as to what made me choose this guy, i went to a seminar he did and saw first hand clients of his, and prosedures being done, i was impressed with the portofolio he had, in his office,, well only time will tell