Anyone know of an alternative to Propecia for women?

Bluecat

I am a female and I just started the minoxidil process. I have noticed that many members say that it works best in conjunction with propecia, but you probably are aware that doctors won't prescribe it to women of child bearing age (I'm 29.) Can anyone suggest an alternative that I can use to supplement the minoxidil effects?

Bluecat,

Unfortunately, there is not a Propecia for women so to speak. There are other treatment options, but none of them that prove to be as beneficial as minoxidil.

You may want to research alfatradiol marketed as Pantostin which has apparently been approved in Germany as a hair loss treatment that has seemed to have proven to at least hault hair loss, but doesn't appear to be as effective as minoxodil. I recently wrote a hair loss Q&A blog on it. Read more about alfatradiol.

Best wishes,

Bill

I was watching a promotional where A Bauman ( Laser boy)was giving out propecia literature to a Female after cutting her. He seems swell. Is he posting anymore or is he not allowed to, per counsel, or just afraid that a public statement may undo him as the ethical harmless doogie hauser he is trying to emulate.

AQ-

A hair on the head is worth two on the brush.

I don't work for commision.. I bust e'm for free. Thank me later.

I also want to add, though I am not currently an advocate of laser therapy (simply due to the lack of compelling evidence), that you might consider researching this as an option. I do however, keep an open mind.

The Hairmax lasercomb has been FDA approved however, there is a lot of controversy over what this FDA approval means. Has it been approved for safety only? Or has it been approved for efficacy as well? Supposedly there was a test for efficacy but it was not released. Why it has not been, I am not sure.

Be sure to spend some time researching laser therapy as a possible option to use in combination with minoxidil.

Bill