Who are the Best from Boston to NYC for folicular single transplants

noteman100

I have thinning hair all over my scalp, no receding. I am 47 and would like to thicken it with a possible transplant. I am afraid of "tramatizing" my scalp with a HT, and lose any more of my existing hair. Any feedback and recomendations will be appreciated including who does the best ultra fine single folicular transplants in the Northeast, by needle, not thr bigger incisions.

I have thinning hair all over my scalp, no receding. I am 47 and would like to thicken it with a possible transplant. I am afraid of "tramatizing" my scalp with a HT, and lose any more of my existing hair. Any feedback and recomendations will be appreciated including who does the best ultra fine single folicular transplants in the Northeast, by needle, not thr bigger incisions.

noteman,

Welcome to our forum community.

Just to clarify...

Needles are one of the tools used to make recipient incisions but are not the only that are used to create small fine incisions. There are also small precut and custom cut flat blades that can create very fine small incisions that will minimize trauma to the scalp.

I am not sure what you mean by "single folllicular transplants". Are you referring to single haired follicular unit grafts or simply follicular unit hair transplantation which takes hairs in groups of 1 to 4 as they occur naturally in the scalp?

The gold standard today in hair transplantation is ultra refined follicular unit hair transplantation which includes the making of small incisions with ultra refined tools giving the physician the ability to do larger densely packed hair transplant sessions when appropriate for the patient. Physician members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians perform this type of surgery.

The Coalition physicians closest to you (all in NY) are:

Dr. True

Dr. Feller

Dr. Dorin

Dr. Epstein

Dr. Bernstein

Dr. Rose

I encourage you to use the "find" feature of our community by searching for a physician's last name to see what their patients are saying.

Best wishes,

Bill

Peraps the best way to minimize or prevent shockloss is by strengthening your existing hair via propecia and rogaine, first and foremost; going to a highly skilled, elite surgeon is another critical factor.

Also, regarding "shockloss", if the above is done, it will likely be temporary shockloss or permanent shockloss to hairs that were already on their way out.

As for "best" surgeons in the Northeast it is tough to say, and you should certaintly consult with several that catch your eye and get a better idea as to who is the best for you.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Thanks for the input Bill! The "ultra fine FU" link you sent is what I am thinking. My hair is too close to do the other kinds. But I am afraid of tramitizing my scalp and losing more of my existing hair, have you heard of such a thing? I was in Dr Leonards office in RI and not impressed with his pictures of his patient's results. Before I go to NYC does anyone know a REAL GOOD DR closer to Providence or Boston areas? -thanks

NO. This area has ( Boston/ New England )the best in someways and the worst in others, said , hair transplant "WORST". If you can't afford to travel you cannot afford the h/t journey. Otherwise you will be obliged to. Is that Dinasaour still working under the "prenticeship" of Chambers? That f'er messed up minions.

I was hoping that they were able to revive the prick and keep him on life support for 20 years.

P.S. never trust anyone with a permatan other than Sean Connery.

A hair on the head is worth two on the brush.

I don't work for commision.. I bust e'm for free. Thank me later.

I had 3 procedure with T & D and extremely happy with the result.

Surely take a look at them

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!