How good is a good HT ?

Honestly,how good does a "great" transplant look.Im talking on close inspection inches away..

I ask this b/c someone with a full set of hair always has finer whipier hairs on the hairline.Isnt it impossible to duplicate this with transplantation given the fact that the donor hair is naturally more "coarsier"?

I would say nothing is like your original hair but how close can a real good transplant come to perfection ?

Honestly,how good does a "great" transplant look.Im talking on close inspection inches away..

I ask this b/c someone with a full set of hair always has finer whipier hairs on the hairline.Isnt it impossible to duplicate this with transplantation given the fact that the donor hair is naturally more "coarsier"?

I would say nothing is like your original hair but how close can a real good transplant come to perfection ?

A good HT can be undetectable. This is especially true for individuals with light color hair and a fair complexion.Follicular unit transplantation allow us to achieve remarkably natural results.

Individuals with dark hair and light complexions are more diffcult. You are correct that the coarseness of the hair plays a role but we can pick out the finest hairs to place at the temples and frontal hairline. We can if necessary slightly injure a part of the hair follicle to create a finer hair.

It is also important to create gradations in density,undulate the hairline, place appropriate caliber hairs in certain areas and place some hairs outside the hairline to create a natural appearance.

Paul T. Rose, MD, JD

President ISHRS

Board of Trustees ISCLS

Dr. Paul Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians