Hair Stem Cell Transplant

Hello,

I need a hair transplant and I have consulted a few clinics. One offers hair stem cell transplants.

Does anyone know about hair stem cell transplants? If so, are they effective? I have been told that they take only some hairs from the back of the head and transplant them, so that one's hair in the back can grow again. Thus one can use this hair several times and cover a large area. The URL of the ones who do such transplants is:

http://www.hasci.com/

I would be interested in hearing any information on how effective this method is when compared to e. g. the FUT method.

Thanks.

George

Wether FUE or FUT, both technique could claim to perform 'hair stem cell transplant'. Obviously by transplanting FU the stem cells are transplanted along.

Consultant-co owner Prohairclinic (FUE only) in Belgium, Dr. De Reys.

hi,

george are you from the Netherlands? cause the transplantation site is in Dutch. I live in the Netherlands and had a hairtransplantation in Turkey.

However a clinic that is claiming that they can produce new follicles out of the old follicles without losing density should have excellent results to show. This is not the case so their claims seem bullshit to me.

max

George,

This is another one of those "techniques" similar to one that I've address on this thread.

In all honesty, it just looks like FUE with tricky language. As bverotti pointed out, both FUT and FUE/FIT transplant the stem cells with the extracted follicle.

They are also saying that their method is not an operation only a treatment.

First of all, they are penetrating the skin, so it now becomes surgery (regardless of how refined their instrumentation is).

I actually contacted the clinic addressed on the other thread about 6 months ago. Funny how they never replied to my inquiry asking for great detail.

Proceed with EXTREME caution and research everything. Be leary of generalized claims - look for technical detail and scientfiic explanation. And above all...look for REAL RESULTS posted by REAL PATIENTS!

Bill

Hi,

I live in the Netherlands but I am from Denmark.

The Website is both in English and in Dutch.

Thanks to all of you for your replies to my posting.

George

Originally posted by maxzor:

hi,

george are you from the Netherlands? cause the transplantation site is in Dutch. I live in the Netherlands and had a hairtransplantation in Turkey.

However a clinic that is claiming that they can produce new follicles out of the old follicles without losing density should have excellent results to show. This is not the case so their claims seem bullshit to me.

max

I will agree with Bill here on Gho. In early 2003 I attended a seminar in NYC to hear all about this gho procedure. He talked about his procedure how the donor hair regrows.And that he would have some kind of working Hm protocol out by 2006. Well I saw some of his patients that had the so -called donor regrowth and none can be verified he said anywhere between 20-80% . It is hard to tell. I just did not see it and his 2 Fue patients that were there only had a few hundred grafts done. Just my opinion I would not consider this doc unless there were many more results to look at. And in 4 years there just isn't.

Actually i went back to them asking for few clarifications upon seeing this thread here...

I got a reply from them. Lets discuss and pose any other questions if possible to them..

-------------------------------------------

Dear XXXX,

Thank you very much for your interest in the new improved method of hair transplantation, HairStemcell Transplantation?®.

I'll try to answer your questions as good as possible.

First of all you asked if you can get a full head of hair. We can make it look like you have natural head of hair ( this is our main goal), but it'll probably never get as dense anymore then it was before the hair loss started. There are certain techniques like placing the grafts in a certain angle, focussing in the middle part of the hair line etc., that can make it look more dense. We are able to place the grafts very close to each other, since we're working with very small needles to extract the grafts and making the holes in the recipient area. This of course will also create a higher density.

As far as the price goes, this depends on the number of grafts that needs to be transplanted. This varies normally from 600/700 up to 1400/1600 with prices from 3900 euro's up to 8250 euro's. You can get a 25% discount when you choose for a educational treatment, which means that staff in training will assist with the treatment, supervised by trained staff.

The information below will explain you a little more about the treatment and the technique.

Of course this is all general information and a more personal advise can be given after we know more about your or your friends situation regarding hair loss.

With HairStemcell Transplantation?® we use a needle of 0.5 up to 0.6 mm to extract only a minimal piece of tissue. The tissue contains a very small part of the hair stem cells, but sufficient to produce a new hair. Therefore, we leave far more tissue behind in the donor area compared to the other techniques like Follicular Unit Extraction or Follicular Multiplication.

In previous (fundamental as well as clinical) studies doctor Coen Gho revealed that the whole follicle is not needed to regenerate hair growth. If a portion of the follicle remains in the donor area, it can regenerate a new hair, even when a part of the follicle is removed. The part, which has been removed, will also produce a hair when transplanted into the recipient area. So, one hair follicle is able to produce more hairs.

Our specially developed instruments and experience of our staff makes it possible to put this knowledge into practice.

The rate of multiplication is therefore higher compared to the other techniques. Because with the other techniques, frequently, too much follicular tissue is extracted from the donor area, so only the graft will generate a new hair.

Therefore, with this technique, we can preserve more donor area compared to the other techniques.

Other advantages are faster and better wound healing and we are able to create a higher density.

You can find additional information on our website: www.HairScienceInstitute.com

I hope that I have given you sufficient information; however, if you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to contact us,

Yours sincerely,

Katinka Meijer, assistant technician

Team Hair Science Institute Amsterdam

-------------------------------------------