Does this look familiar?

Taken from Hairlosstalk.com

"Hair growth occurs in no other phase of the hair growth cycle except in the anagen phase. The hair shaft is generated by rapid mitotic cell divisions in the hair matrix to produce hair fiber at a rate of 1 to 1.5cm (approximately ?? inch) per month on the scalp. An anagen effluvium occurs if there is sufficient injury to the rapidly dividing keratinocytes in the hair matrix. The insult damages the keratinocytes and diminishes the metabolic activity of the growing hair shaft. The stoppage of cell division results in a thin, weakened hair shaft that is susceptible to fracture with minimal trauma when it reaches the surface of the scalp. Hair breakage in an anagen effluvium occurs within days to weeks (typically 1 to 3 weeks) following the insult to the follicle. A close examination of the hair will show that the scalp end of the hair shaft is dystrophic with a rapidly tapering configuration (bayonet hair)."

Right after my transplant, i've been noticing a lot of hair broken right at the base. I see others from grafts that didnt fall yet that are flat to my scalp as if broken. Any thoughts?

Taken from Hairlosstalk.com

"Hair growth occurs in no other phase of the hair growth cycle except in the anagen phase. The hair shaft is generated by rapid mitotic cell divisions in the hair matrix to produce hair fiber at a rate of 1 to 1.5cm (approximately ?? inch) per month on the scalp. An anagen effluvium occurs if there is sufficient injury to the rapidly dividing keratinocytes in the hair matrix. The insult damages the keratinocytes and diminishes the metabolic activity of the growing hair shaft. The stoppage of cell division results in a thin, weakened hair shaft that is susceptible to fracture with minimal trauma when it reaches the surface of the scalp. Hair breakage in an anagen effluvium occurs within days to weeks (typically 1 to 3 weeks) following the insult to the follicle. A close examination of the hair will show that the scalp end of the hair shaft is dystrophic with a rapidly tapering configuration (bayonet hair)."

Right after my transplant, i've been noticing a lot of hair broken right at the base. I see others from grafts that didnt fall yet that are flat to my scalp as if broken. Any thoughts?

Hi JM

We can analyize it anyway we want.. Hairs fall out after the HT & others stay.. Wait 6 months and you will most likely notice some growth..

I just try to forget right after the surgery & let nature take its course

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Yes, this is normal; I had the same thing. Some broke off completely and most of the rest simply looked broke/bent right at the scalp. To be totally honest, I got tired of some of it and pulled them out with tweezers at about 1 month post op. When I pulled on it VERY gently, most would just slide right out like a stick in the sand. If it tugged at all, I left it alone. icon_biggrin.gif