Help me out

GreenPanther

Slow down Panther...

First, why did you shave your head?

Second, give us a length and a width. I've had about 600 grafts in a session and can realte to the size.

As for work, if they ask, say you had brain surgery. Odds are, they'll think it was something serious and leave it alone.

ok, good to hear!!

the ridges will probably go away. The main thing is it is not too wide.

I think you may have been shocked by the initial appearance, hence why you shouldn't shave your head.

I know you posted this prior, but when did you have your HT work done?

at six months, how bad are the ridges? It's really not a concern if they are small. If they are really rough, then that's not good.

I had rough ridges after my first HT. You could feel it running your hands threw your hair.

Best if you have it, it is not noticable...

Hey, all in all, you sound to be in good shape. Again the scar thickness is the biggest concern. I think you are going to be ok, when you get over the initial shock!

For god's sake, just don't shave your head again!

"My nemesis(MPB) has only become more powerfull thanks to the s.o.b. that did this to me"

This is all to hard to judge...

I think you maybe over zelous on your initial sight. Your doctors name would help greatly. Then we could help judge his technic!

Also, some photo's would really help!! Check were you get them developed. A lot of places offer to give them on CD, so you could post them without scanning them.

I originaly had HT by MHR.. Dr. Reese, I had a bad scar... Then 2nd by Dr. Ringler, who was out for money from unsuspecting patients, like me!!

All I can say at this point is, your shock maybe but it's own. It does sound like everything is on the correct path....

Hang tight man.. We've been there!

• 1 month later...

Greenpanther,

It really sounds like you will need to keep your hair longer in the donor zone which should cover the appearance of the scar.

As HBT stated, give it more time to improve, and let us know how the recipient area comes along.

I hate and I mean hate hearing about these experiences and thank goodness there are many other good HT docs out there that can help.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Greenpanther,

It has been a while since you posted, I am sure I speak for everyone when I say that we would all like to see how you are doing. Hope everything is going well for you.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

greenpanther, i know how you feel. ive got a scar too and i have the same amount of grafts you did.

solution: your next ht get some grafts inplanted into the scar.

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

Green,

Glad to hear that everything is better with you. I am also glad that you found a suitable solution for your affliction. Now, all you have to worry about is lighting yourself on fire with all that gas beside a fireplace and smoking a pipe!

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

>>

I just recived my final edition of norwood weekly.I am disapionted to say I will not be renewing my subscription

>>

Splendid! But listen old boy, it's all very well to leave the rest of us here while you swan off with your rathead apparatus, under the misguided impression you no longer have a care in the world.

Are you aware of the .. smell.. coming off of your posts? Every time I peruse this thread, I'm almost flattened by the odious effluvium exuding from my computer. I suggest you see a good physician, and possibly subscribe to "Farters Bazaar".

>>

What am I gonna tell the guys at work, I was obducted by aliens and the scar was a result of their expirement. >>

This would never have been convincing. Everyone knows they don't do hair jobs. Look at their bloody domes, man - all Norwood 10s!