sorry to say this

The last thing I want anybody to think that I am mocking anybody.

I am not, and I don't wish hairloss on anybody (except myself)

yes, there are plenty of hair removal products that burn your skin.

laser hair removal is not guranteed permenant and can be quite expensive.

it's just personal preference

Hey

In all fairness, there is always exceptions to the rule..

Remember, some people tatoo their whole bodies.. Maybe he is one of the same only regarding hair??

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I will always think that the shaved look is a good choice for some people. Many men look fantastic this way and not necessarily just the "20 somethings". Check out Bruce Willis in his latest "Die Hard" movie or the actor Micheal Chiklis of "The Shield".

Unfortunately this was not socially accepted to the degree it is today when I began losing my hair as a young man during the 80's (quite the contrary!). I would give my right arm to be able to do it now but because I chose to address my problem through surgical hair restoration it will never be an option.

Phil

I would love to be able to shave my head, but can't. I had a bad plug transplant with lots of open donor scars in the back and didn't feel that i could shave without 110 round 4mm dots showing in the back. If it was just a linear scar, I think i would still have shaved. I opted for 2 repair procedures with Dr. Wong instead. I must say that my results were mixed. My hair certainly looks better then before, but I still don't feel like i look very good and don't have the freedom that I would have liked. I have to use lots of hair gel to keep the hair together as it is so thin and patchy. Wow, do i wish i could just shave it all off, but between the linear scar (which goes temple to temple) and the open donor scars, there is no way. I def recommend people at least try to shave before doing an HT.

Funny this post came up ..

I was talking to a girlfriend of mine ( very nice and attractive) and hair came up and men going gray .. She thought that couldbe sexy.. for the record I use Dermatch and have some good coverage so nobdy knows I had anything done or was a N5 at one point..

she said " She would never date a bald guy" and she does not find it atractive at all

So in my opionion you can have all the confidence in the world but hey, I wouldn't date a confident fat girl either

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Ha

There is confidence and then there is reality

icon_eek.gif

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Just my 2C,

Choose to be bald, choose to have a procedure, choose to do nothing- as long as you are happy with your choice you will be confident. If you are confident you will be attractive.

Now, attractive to everyone- no.

Attractive to some- yes.

Are some men with hair unattractive- yes, and so are some bald men.

You'll never be attractive to everyone but there is always someone out there for you.

I remember not long ago Jack Nicholson was voted the sexiest man alive?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

HIGA

2400 Grafts with Dr. Epstein 11/8/06

Nizoral 3X/week

Rogaine foam 2x/day

I look much better with my blonde hair vs. having a shaved head. With a shaved head I look like a cancer survivor. I have a long skull and having hair helps balance things out.

so Mr.Bald: good for you but to each his own. The chicks dig my hair.

Good point Grow

Of course you cannot be attractive to everyone but I always go with the averages..

Average women , no doubt prefers a dude with hair.

As far as Mr. Nicholson being chosen sexiest man alive, that's just press. If he was a normal man walking down the street. Women would not give him a second look

Look at some of the celebs out there who are average looking & are thought of as "beautiful".

It's all manufactured by fame and money

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Interesting where this discussion is going...it's interesting.

Clearly everyone has their preferences when it comes to looks.

Personally, I like skinny/athletic women. I'm a leg and butt guy rather than a breast guy - so large or small breasts don't matter to me. Sorry if I'm being too visual but we are all adults here. Hair color, eye color, skin color, national heritage, none of that matters to me, though I do have a history of dating white girls since I am also white.

On the flip side, I've had interesting discussions with women over the years - typically girls I've dated or close lady friends who also have their preferences.

Some girls prefer tall guys, some don't care (seems like very few actually prefer short guys), some dark hair, some blonde hair, and yes, some no hair - the bald look IS indeed in for some girls). Some girls like chest hair, while other girls are grossed out by it.

So what's the moral of the story?

What it all comes down to is....you have to do what makes YOU happy, without worrying about what someone else will think.

There are MILLIONS/BILLIONS of beautiful women out there with a MILLION/BILLION different preferences. I bet many of them have NO problem with dating a bald guy...yet many will. But at the same time...you might just find that some pretty girls you are interested in will choose the bald guy over you, and you'll wonder what that's about!

Remember...everybody has their preferences, and sometimes we go a little bit to the right or the left, depending on the individual.

BUT...confidence does play a major role in all of this.

The confident guy will pursue more women, so his chances of winning a girl's heart will increase...just as the confident girl has a better chance of keeping a guy's heart.

Confidence may not make you more physically attractive...but it will certainly help your chances of finding and keeping someone.

Bill

Well said gentlemen.

We all have our preferences and sometimes there is no rhyme or reason. It is what it is. In high school I had a couple of big meathead types wanting to kick the tar out of me for dating a hotty from their school. I don't think they could understand why she wanted to date a skinny wimp like myself. Hey, I was a good looking athletic, confident kid that had some mojo. What can I say. icon_razz.gif

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Originally posted by truthseeker:

I would love to be able to shave my head, but can't. I had a bad plug transplant with lots of open donor scars in the back and didn't feel that i could shave without 110 round 4mm dots showing in the back. If it was just a linear scar, I think i would still have shaved. I opted for 2 repair procedures with Dr. Wong instead. I must say that my results were mixed. My hair certainly looks better then before, but I still don't feel like i look very good and don't have the freedom that I would have liked. I have to use lots of hair gel to keep the hair together as it is so thin and patchy. Wow, do i wish i could just shave it all off, but between the linear scar (which goes temple to temple) and the open donor scars, there is no way. I def recommend people at least try to shave before doing an HT.

This post here is what it's all about.

I realize that many do not want to shave their head, although it's not as bad as many of you think, and it is quite liberating when you do so.

BUT, here is my motivation for making my post the first time.

What if you get a botched job? Then your options are severly limited for the rest of your life.

I know I'm not going to change anybody's mind, but hopefully I would have sparked a thought about what somebody suffering from MPB might give it a try before going for surgery.

most of you are adults about this subject, and I know how traumatic this is to many, a few were childish, telling me to go away.

I wish you all the best of luck in your search for the head of hair that makes YOU happy, or gives you confidence... although I feel I have a ton of confidence and I shave my head every morning, even though I don't have to.... Hair doesn't give you confidence, it comes from within.

this is an interesting subject about shaving.

iknow a lot of younger guys who shave their heads including my 16 year old son and his friends.i have looked at them and they all have similar characteristics ie smallish ears,small forehead and a roundish skull.hence they suit a shaved look but have the option to grow it back if they want to.

myself i have a tall forehead,one ear sticks out more than the other and i have a longish face so a shaved look is not for me as i need hair to disguise the above.

when you speak to somebody you will usually focuss on a certain feature ie a nice hairstyle,eyes or a bald or balding head.

on a woman its usually her boobs you just cant help looking.the point i am trying to make is hair does make a big difference to your appearance, confidence and apart from your eyes is the main focul point of your face.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

I know I'm not going to change anybody's mind, but hopefully I would have sparked a thought about what somebody suffering from MPB might give it a try before going for surgery.

I agree with this advice!

Attempting shaving the head before surgery is a GREAT idea...

Some guys look really cool with a shaved head.

The good news IS, that you can always sport the shaved head look for awhile and then decide later down the road that you want a hair transplant.

There is only harm in jumping into surgery too quickly...where there is no harm in waiting.

Of course, I must add the addendum that if one is losing their hair and wants to attempt to keep it, even if they DO shave their head, medication would be helpful to start earlier than later.

Cheers all!

Bill

Originally posted by folica:
A guy at 20 who shaves his head can look cool. A guy at 40 who does it looks pathetic.

I agree, and a guy at 50 looks psycho!

Not to mention a lot of bald guys look like they should be wearing orange prison jump suits.

Some chicks dig the bald guys. I dont like chicks that dig the bald types.

I dont like chicks that dig the bald types

that's a strange statement IMO...

I don't think girls that like bald guys have a type! Many of the same types of girls have different tastes.

There's this one girl at my gym who is married to a bald guy, about my age (complete NW6), shaves the sides and his back to match the top. The girl is very pretty and certainly just as pretty as other girls I have dated and would consider dating.

Anyway...

It's all personal preference.

Bill

Originally posted by Bill:
I dont like chicks that dig the bald types

that's a strange statement IMO...

I don't think girls that like bald guys have a type! Many of the same types of girls have different tastes.

There's this one girl at my gym who is married to a bald guy, about my age (complete NW6), shaves the sides and his back to match the top. The girl is very pretty and certainly just as pretty as other girls I have dated and would consider dating.

Anyway...

It's all personal preference.

Bill

Your right I was refering more to the tattood biker tough guy.

Many guys at my gym are bald and pleasant looking fellows with "hot" wives.

I guess its a matter of feeling comfortable about yourself. Women can sense that vibe in guys. If you like yourself others will like you too.