Anyone familiar with Dr.Jaffe in MN

GirlyGirl

If you don't know, don't go. Ron Shapiro is in Minneapolis, one of top five hairtransplant surgeons in the world. I would never go to someone not recommended off this site and not without seeing very,very extensive examples of their work in photos. It is their job to recruit you and to be nice about it, I would never go to a nice guy doctor. Do lots of research and please consider only the very best. WWH

GirlyGirl,

I have no experience with this specific Dr. I think you know the process, research, question, check credentials (state med boards ... etc) learn, as much as you can. Then make an informed decision.

Find a doctor that meets your requirements - EVEN IF HE IS NOT RECOMMENDED ON THIS SITE! There are probably great docs all over who are not on this site. The thing I would look for is negative info (substantiated) about him on this site. Not just the fact that he isn't on "the list"

Good look and keep us posted,

Jrp65

All the doctors seem very nice, concerned about you, etc. That doesn't mean they are one of the best.

All I am saying about this Dr. Jaffe is "I think you can find a better surgeon". A hair transplant is an operation where the subtle differences in surgical approach, skill and experience, can make a big difference in your final outcome. Don't settle for less, when it comes to your appearance. And by the way, I am not saying a better doctor will cost more... it might very well cost LESS.

Another thing to think about...400 or 500 grafts (as you said you are scheduled for) does not cover a large area.

I would urge you to consult with Dr. Ron Shapiro or Dr. Sharon Keene (at Dr. Shapiro's office).

• 3 months later...

I got Dr Jaffe's video, and the patients' results looked okay, but not great. You would think the examples chosen for the video would be the best of the best.

I'm pretty sure Jaffe is now on MHR's staff in Minneapolis.

No offense to Jaffe or MHR, but you owe it to yourself to visit Shapiro.