how do you assess level hairloss/restoration

Rich12345

Hi guys,

First time posting here, i've been up late doing some research and:

1) i don't know, and can't find info. on how the norwood classifications work. the pictures don't show thinning hair. it's either there (represented as shaded in black) or not (white area).

2) of the website i've looked at, they show before and after pictures but they fail to state the condition of the patient (norwood class or density) before and after. So it is impossible for me to gauge how much improvement(s) i can live with, budget being an issue.

I would appreciate your comments.

rich,

if you posted some pics, the posters would do an excellent job of assessing your individual situation; keep in mind that the norwoods are estimations--they are used as a guide--they are not exactly black and white; by looking at pics in the picture section you can get a good idea of before and after

Rich,

Welcome to our community.

By the way, you spelled "assess" as "asses" so it looked like you were insulting people. I change the title so people didn't think you were insulting us icon_wink.gif

Anyway...

To answer your question, the white represents thinning/bald areas of the scalp.

You can find detailed information here about the norwood scale. Additionally, learn about the ludwig scale.

Best wishes,

Bill