definition of butcher

adckarl

When I hear the definition of "butchering", I assume it means large scar(s) and/or a transplant which looks pluggy and unnatural?

Is that what butchering is?

If a person gets 2500 grafts from MHR and another person gets 2500 from Shapiro and both are done artistically and by a competent doctor/staff, are the results going to look different? If so, how? Let's say the scar is small and the grafts are planted strategically to resemble a natural hairline. What differences between the two surgeons would a person look for?

I'd like input on that because it was one question I always had and people I've IMed with a few times have had questions along the same lines, too.

When I hear the definition of "butchering", I assume it means large scar(s) and/or a transplant which looks pluggy and unnatural?

Is that what butchering is?

If a person gets 2500 grafts from MHR and another person gets 2500 from Shapiro and both are done artistically and by a competent doctor/staff, are the results going to look different? If so, how? Let's say the scar is small and the grafts are planted strategically to resemble a natural hairline. What differences between the two surgeons would a person look for?

I'd like input on that because it was one question I always had and people I've IMed with a few times have had questions along the same lines, too.

The difference is the guy that ended up at MHR only needed 500 grafts and the other 2000 were thrown away while the Dr. looked for a new house.Also gave the patient an ear to ear scar with a quad knife just for good measure. Its etics and asthetics that separate the two. Also the scalp is rough and bumpy as the grafts are hastily prepared if done by the incompetents at MHR who are just like McDonalds. They just don't care.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

I've had hair transplants by both Matt Leavitt, head of MHR and Ron Shapiro, head of SMG. This is only my opinion and just an opinion, but one looked great and one looked like sh*t.

I think the posters on this forum are pretty accurate.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> -hairmill doctors will not suture the strip wound themselves but leave that again to an inexperienced technician which results in huge scars.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The hair mill doctors have several patients per day so they leave the placement to their often inexperienced technicians which results in poosr placement and often odd directions on the implanted grafts. Furthermore and more importantly it is very unlikely that more than maybe 50% of the grafts will grow. Grafts need to be placed by experienced doctors.

I believe that there isnt a strip surgeon, reputable or otherwise, who places the grafts himself..they may do some, or it may be that an FUE procedure would require it, ..but in most cases, the surgeons do the cutting of the slits or holes, but the techs end up placing the grafts..even HW follows that process...

Also, i know its illegal in the US and Canada for anyone other than the surgeon to do the suturing and stapling of the donor area...again,I doubt any clinic at all has graft technicians do any suturing...

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???

I guess a question still remains:

Why would you risk going to a place that people has labeled as "butchers" when there are so many others that don't have that label?

True, there could be anti-Bosley/MHR plants here. I guess trust comes into play at some point.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

-- If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

-- The truth only matters if you know about it.

Here is a definition of a butcher recommended on this sA little bit of my backround:

Donor hair considered a 9, on a 1 to 10 scale.

NW level before HT -- Confused.

Scalp laxity-Very tight.

I went to Dr. Gallagher's office and was greeted by Tom S. He had a terrible hairtransplant. I was assured that was a mini-micro, outdated procedure. Dr. Gallagher said I will be a six, maybe a 7, on the norwood scale by 40. I was quoted 800 grafts. I was told I was a NW 5. I had a full and thick crown and back. I did not think I was that bad for say 2500 grafts. When I asked why so little grafts Tom told me the other places lie to charge more money. The strip from the first HT was taken very high. I asked why. Dr. Gallagher claimed he thought I would not go that low (first lie as they said a possible 7.) The scar stretched causing ingrown hairs. The HT came in around 3-4 months. It looked extrememly grafty. When I asked why I was told to wait till the other gratfts grew around it. I was also told by Tom I would not need another HT for 10 years. I had shock that never returned. I looked grafty and could not understand why every one else could not where a hat after a couple of weeks. I had couple fu's (4 to 7 hairs). My hair is so thick that it stood out from the thinning hair. I told Tom my friends said it looked grafty. He said to find new friends. He said I would have been totally bald in that area so cut myself a break. I really needed a soft hairline. Dr Gallagher who I so naively trusted said get the front done, it most important. I did the front. The hair line 7 months later was most 2 and 3 fu right in the hairline. At this point I have been wearing a hat for 13 months. I went out once or twice without a hat. People would grab there hair and look at mine. I did not look natural. I had reddness and ridging for 8 months. I went to ask why and was told I would need a touch up. I was despearate for a normal, natural hairline. I could not get another strip due to laxity. I finally went to Dr. Jones who said the grafts looked doubled up. I had a 350 fu touch to hid the grafts. It did work. Again I had masssive shock from Dr. Gallagher. I then had 1000k fu from Dr. Jones to cover all the work. I may have to go back to have the 2's and 3's removed from my hairline if this does not camaflage them. I am currently 6 weeks post op from 1k fu with Jones. Thru fue we were able to retrieve tiny fu's for a hairline. I will know in 6 months if it turns out ok.

I might add that I have 2 scars from Dr. Gallagher. One high and one low. The lower one which was the second scar almost healed 1 mil. The first was high and did stretch.

I have a total of 3250 grafts. I don't know how many coupled fu there are. I was told 800 would last 10 years. I was told they would cut out the first scar for the second ht. We I got there I was told it could not be done. I was told not to worry about scars, you can get scar reduction. I was also manipulated with commnets such as you may be a seven. Look at your wet hair after a shower.

His website claims he was the Director of a large clinic. Bosley ?

I may still very confused.

I trusted this site and the Doctor.

I will say that the fue from Dr. Jones did not cause scarring and is starting to grow in nicely.

I wish I did have 1,800 to 2,500 fu's off the bat. I have had 4 procedures. 2 were corrective.

East Coast,

I have seen teh transplant and if you say that were a NW7, then I am not sure it is that bad, although the pics are blurry.

Do you have clearer pics you can email me or post. I was thinking about Gallagher and wanted to sort through your ,messages cause you just seem to copy and paste the message all over

Thanks

HT with Dr. Jeffrey Epstein

Dec. 17, 2004

3029 FU--NW5

Dr. Gallagher and Tom are birds of a feather. They both are pathological liars. Dr. Gallagher's work was considered substandard according to several other Doctors. He cuts a strip of say 1600 grafts and doubles them up. He spaced mine a 1/4 inch apart. I had shock that never came back. I had these ugly ass grafty plugs everywhere. I should have got 3k grafts in one strip. They told me with megasessions that a large amount of hair dies due to lack of blood flow. He says he densly packs grafts. Well, how come I had enough room for 2 repair procedures, where the Doc still had room between all the hairs. I have 2 scars and severe hairline scarring due to a lighting blade they claim to use. There is a sucker born every minute and I was one as I trusted this website and the doctor.