Which HT surgeon and do I have to use propecia?

Lurking for a while and it seems that the best guys to initially do my consult with (I am a Stage 4 or 5) are either Dr. Shapiro, Dr. Rahal, or Dr. Feller. Which do you guys recommend?

Also, do you have to use propecia or is there something else you can use in case of side effects (loss of sexual libido)?

Lurking for a while and it seems that the best guys to initially do my consult with (I am a Stage 4 or 5) are either Dr. Shapiro, Dr. Rahal, or Dr. Feller. Which do you guys recommend?

Also, do you have to use propecia or is there something else you can use in case of side effects (loss of sexual libido)?

Relaxo

Welcome.. All of the docs you mentioned are top notch. You should visit them for a consult and see which one YOU like.

As far a propecia, none will require but it is recommended to take it to prevent further loss. The sexual side effects are noted in a small percentage.. I have none & have taken it for 8 years

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Minoxidil and/or Ketoconazole shampoo (Nizoral) can be good adjuncts to (or possible subsitite for) 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors like finasteride (Propecia) and dutasteride (Avodart). I think Propecia is worth a look if you are thinking of going for a HT.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Relaxo,

Just my 2 cents - I went to Dr. Glenn Charles (formerly part of Shapiro Med Group), and have been using Propecia for four years. No side effects and so far so good. I have been satisfied with 1 HT to date(was about a stage 3 or so), but starting to contemplate a second with Shapiro or Charles. All the docs you mention seem to be reputable based on the input from this website.